Adding a trailer hitch

WBLskier

• Baller

not sure what you are hauling - but you can get a nice class III hitch on e-trailer and bolt it on yourself for about 200.00 That what we did to our Honda.

We tow with a Honda pilot and it's rated for 4500 lbs - but check your year b/c Honda has moved that number all over the place from 2000 to 5000 depending on some unknown factor.

E-trailer also makes a 4 pin wiring harnesses that just plug in. If you need 5 pin you have to get more creative or have someone else do it.

• Baller

Whatever you decide I would make sure you get the OEM kit. The aftermarket ones tend to install below the bumper whereas the OEM ones are usually integrated into the bumper. Below the bumper would barely be off the ground.

OR you could always DIY :)

Here I found a step by step video:

• Baller
Don't worry about how low it hangs. From pics online it looks like the hitch won't be any lower than your exhaust pipes. You can get a Curt on sale from etrailer.com for $138 and it looks like the thing just bolts right up. No brainer to me if you are at all able to turn a wrench and have someone who can help hold the thing up (the extra set of hands helps a lot). I've used etrailer a few times now and have no complaints.