skierjp

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Thanks @dnewton for the heads up.

However, that kid has to be sub 100 pounds, so it's difficult to tell too much about the wake with such a tiny kid crossing them. Nevertheless, with that being all the info we have to go off of so far, it's at least good to see that the wake is small enough to not make this happen.

6jp30lhi3hcz.jpg

Apples to oranges, I know, but still.

• Baller
@LeonL For this year (2018) ski season, nautique can use the 2017 and 2018 year boats. This new model most likely wont pull many tournaments outside Orlando or the bigger events till AFTER this years nationals. Note it is a 2019 model year.

• Baller
Weren't the Malibu Wedge and Tige's TAPS system dismissed as band-aids for poor hull design in the past? You shouldn't need "drag hardware" or metal bits in the water to change wake shape, right? Could have sworn I read that somewhere...

• Administrators

@UWSkier I have to disagree with that. I don't know if we're going to look back on this new Nautique and five years and think it's a stroke of genius or not but it certainly shows some creative thinking.

The wing on your Slalom ski is not there because of the ski is poorly designed.....

• Baller
I think the drag devices are a great idea. Too many SN 200’s had different wakes to me. Anything to get rid of that trough is a good innovation. Not a fan of the looks really, but a nice boat nonetheless. I am sure it will grow on me like the new Malibu. Are they going to start coming out with seadek wrap for the inside of your boat like the wraps for the outside....ha ha. That thing is all seadek!

• Baller

@scotchipman Earlier you said that you'd been suggesting to manufacturers for 5 years that they should move the gas tank in front of the engine. Well, this isn't a new thing in the world of ski boats. If anyone remembers Rob Shirley's Infinity boats circa 2000......gas tank was in front of the engine. My understanding is that this caused them to have to move the engine back and a direct drive wouldn't work, hence the center mounted V-drive. Interesting to see that idea come back almost 20 years later. Wonder what Nautiqe did to pull of the forward gas tank without sacrificing a direct drive setup.

Second thought, as a taller driver, I definitely griped about the previous generation's seat height. The top line of the windshield was always in my line of sight. Glad to see that they've dropped it back down. However, if you've been used to driving 200's, I'm sure it'll take some time getting used to a totally different site picture to find your consistent center line!

• Baller

Our old '88 Ski Centurion Barefoot Warrior Comp had the gas tank in the nose. Most brutal hole shot I've ever felt with a big outboard on the transom. I did a flying deep barefoot start off a dock with my brother driving and I don't think my hair (no longer in existence) got wet.

I think it's cool that Nautique went tank forward.

• Baller

@webbdawg99 my understanding was the Infinity had a V drive to the change the angle of the drive shaft and location of the prop. This also made it easier to move the gas tank, not the other way around.

The infinity was also the first ski boat with truly easy access to the platform. Both on the new Ski Nautique.

It looks like the new display is a major improvement in the one in the 200.

The idea of adjustable tuning on the bottom of the boat is great. Looking forward to playing with that. I like the Wakes on the 200 and if they are better now, great!

Overall, it’s interesting to See Nautique push the high end of the market. We will see how well that pays off. I am pumped to see, drive and ski the new boat.

• Baller
@bishop8950 I've always heard that they wanted to get the "ballast" out of the rear of the boat for improved wakes and that moving the tank resulted in the V-drive set-up. Maybe someone on here really knows. One thing is for certain, the Infinity definitely had some outside the box design on it. That decreased drive shaft angle on the V-drive also resulted in more direct thrust. That thing would come out of the hole FAST. I also heard that they had played with the idea of doing a triple rudder on that boat as well

• Baller

@mdriggs That's exactly why there shouldn't be 100k boats.

On that line of thinking, will SDSU get a new Nautique? College kids and salt water. Racking up the hours using the boat. Not wiping it down and obsessing over making sure the rub rail doesn't touch the dock bumpers.

Eric

• Baller

Cool tech and well thought out.

Would be nice if the rear blast was split so it could be used to balance the boat and with all that drag hardware (hydro-brake and TFT-trough filling tuners) fuel burn will be increased. Not a fan of Sea-Dek but a personal preference.

Other than that I think they nailed everything. The looks are unique and follow the in the same theme as the rest of the Nautique line. Well done!

• Baller

My take on the 2019 Nautique.

A group of us (15 to 32 off skiers) went to demo days at Jack Traver’s on Friday. Pictures do not do this boat justice. Function is what this boat is all about - it’s a skier’s boat. This boat was specifically targeted to the short-line skier. For our 15 off skiers there was not much of a change in wakes compared to other boats currently on the market. At 22 off there was a good bump, which disturbed two of us (we both own 06 and 08 196). At 28 off it was about the same as my 08 196. I have never complained about 28 off behind my boat. Had them drop the tabs in the water and they smoothed out the wakes tremendously. Another skier was also amazed at the difference with and without the tabs down at 28 off. From what we were told they are programmed to drop down at 38 off but can be overridden at anytime. We were told that skiers running 39 off said they have never run those passes as easily. So, is it worth it? Anything that helps you run more buoys is worth every penny. So maybe in about five years I’ll be able to afford a used one. arfzr0kwjtfj.jpeg

• Baller
@justin Tel commented with the fangs/tabs down it made a big difference in the 28 off passes they were running. Sounds like they made several functional changes. Get friendly with your nearest Nautique neighbor! Love that Maker's mark!

• Baller
The boat is pre programmed to adjust for the best wake at the speed and line length selected. You will not have the choice of selecting the micro tuners up or down. Many hours of R&D with all levels of skiers have been spent to make sure the best wake is programmed. When I skied the boat a few months ago the wake was noticeably better then the 200. 22 through 35.