Congratulations...You've Qualified for the 2018 Goode Water Ski National Championships

Dirt

• Baller

I was impressed with the email USAWS sent out yesterday. I could not figure out how to post it without it being an unreadable screenshot.

Maybe @JeffSurdej can post a generic one with all the information and @Horton can keep it at the top of the threads to promote Regionals and Nationals.

For those that have not seen it yet, it was really well put together. The email congratulates the recipient on qualifying and advises of the Regionals participation requirement, lists regional locations and dates, provides links for registering for Nationals and the Goode Nationals website, and invites you to plan now to attend. It also includes a podium picture and a drone photo of the Lakes at Mystic.

Maybe we can start an ongoing poll thread of who is attending, how you are getting there [motorhome, personal airplane or helicopter, Southwest???, scooter (like dumb and dumber)], who you are travelling/attending with, where you are staying and anything you plan to do on the way or while there.

One of the things that has made Nationals less fun than it was back in the day, is that you get there and nobody has planned out what to do each night ahead of time. People are tired, they spread out and do things on the fly. Nobody knows where to meet up or what is going on. We used to all get together and go cart race, eat dinner and bar hop as one example from a Regionals in the Northwest.

Nationals in Idaho were really fun with the mechanical bull, band, portable bar and night jump. Okee had night Big Dawg. Maybe these events will gain more steam and be more fun if we plan ahead and talk about where to go and what to do.

We need to do a better job of congratulating people at tournaments when they qualify for Regionals and Nationals. Now it will be easy. We can keep generic copies of this email and hand it to them when they qualify. Tell stories of fun times at past Nats and Regionals and encourage attendance.

• Administrators

April 16, 2018

TO: John Horton (horton@ballofspray.com)

CONGRATULATIONS! You are among one of the nation's best, and as such, you are qualified to ski slalom and tricks in the 2018 GOODE Water Ski National Championships, Aug. 7-11 at Mystic Lakes in Maize, Kansas.

WAIT...WHAT?...I'm already qualified? Yes, you are! AWSA moved the qualifications cut-off date for Nationals to the Thursday after the previous Nationals (8/17/2017) so skiers and families have plenty of time to qualify and make travel plans to attend.

m99iuaddb8ns.jpg

You can register online right now at http://www.usawaterski.org/rankings/view-tournamentsHQ.asp?pvar=TourInfo&TourID=18M999.

With the exception of open divisions, qualification does require skiing in a regional championship:

Western Region - July 25-28 in Windsor, CO

Southern Region - July 26-28 in Paducah, KY

Eastern Region - July 26-28 in Monroe, NY

Midwest Region -July 27-29 in Wilmington, IL

South Central Region - July 27-29 in Buda, TX

For complete information on the 2018 GOODE Water Ski National Championships, including schedule, hotels and activities, please go to the Official Web Site of the GOODE Water Ski National Championships.

Highlights of the event include a Slalom, Tricks and Jump Cash Prize tournament to be held at the end of events on Friday, Aug. 10 with the Men's jump event to take place under the lights.

89of3rblta4d.jpg

The Mystic Lakes Ski Club, which includes three world-record capability water ski lakes, has previously hosted the Midwest Regional Water Ski Championships, Junior U.S. Open Water Ski Championships and Barefoot National Championships. This will mark the first time that the state of Kansas has hosted the Water Ski National Championships.

Book your trip to Kansas now!

• Baller

Definitely well crafted, I'm still not a huge fan of the regional requirement but I guess it's the price we must pay. As a point of curiosity, I just moved from Austin, TX to Minneapolis, MN, which regionals do I need to go to? the answer will have significant influence on my plans.