Adam Caldwell & Trophy Lakes Are Awesome

• Baller

This proves to me that for me, it is better to have and talk to a lot of folks to improve. Everyone has a little bit different perspective and can tell you the same thing, but in a slightly different way, until it all clicks.

I feel fortunate to have spent a little time with Adam recently and his perspective, educated approach helped me improve something in my technique. I think Adam offers a lot as a coach and ambassador to the sport and would recommend you book some time with him. Not to mention Charleston is a fun place to visit.

Thanks @adamhcaldwell . Unlike @lpskier , Adam did not require a specialty coffee :smiley: as inducement for a great set. Just kidding John.

• Baller

Despite just having a fun 3 round C tournament, it was a special tournament indeed.

We had a lot of help to put this event on.

Going into the second split of the third round, Jim Boulanger jumped in the cockpit with @JohnWilkins (Sr-driver) and Jeff Gilbert (Sr. Driver) as passengers to officially test-up from Assistant to Regular Driver. Mike Mosley (Sr. Driver) was at the end of the lake observing boat path. Worth noting we also had Doug Rooker (Sr. Driver) and Kim Bryant (Sr.) in the Tower with Alan Long (Sr.)

Jim B. certainly had a lot of pressure on him with all the Sr. driver officials in attendance. I'm sure it didnt help having to deal with a skier like me on the end of the line. No way I would have wanted to have been in his shoes! Saying that Jim NAILED IT is an understatement.

A huge thank you to all that came to support this tournament in Charleston over the weekend. It was a special day for a lot of people - not just myself. There were a LOT of tournament PBs this weekend thanks to a phenomenal crew of drivers, judges, and the 2018 Malibu boat provided courtesy of JCSports in Sceneca, SC. We will put up a list of all the PBs on the website soon!

606688p4mrqz.png

Its certainly no secret that on your hardest pass its hard not to get excited when your early and in perfect position coming into 4 ball - no matter what the line length. I played it a little too safe and relaxed off the second wake going into 5 and ended up running parallel with the boat as a result....the second mistake was committing to the turn just a little too early, from which I lost connection with the line. By the time I got the line tight I had traveled too far into CL and couldn't get the swing started to get up into 6ball early enough.....

Skiing just inside of 6ball at 41 is going to be a powerful motivator this summer.

• Baller
As I've said before on other threads, you will NOT be disappointed booking time with Adam. My skiing has already improved dramatically for me utilizing Adams techniques and equipment. I don't think I've ever been this excited for ski season (which is saying alot) to get out there every chance possible and run buoys. I feel like every opportunity on the water is a chance for a another break through in learning something to take me a little further down the line. Adam... I can't thank you enough!

• Baller_

@adamhcaldwell with a crew of geezers like that I'm surprised anyone of them had good enough eyesight to even see the lake, let alone buoys and a straight boat path!

For anyone who has never been to Trophy Lakes, it is IMO, the best PB site in the country, with a long list to back it up.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding