Possible new t-shirt slogan

Horton

• Baller
I have shredded my shin on my back leg when the ski raked across it in a fall. I needed to use a field wound blood clotting agent to get it to stop bleeding. I had to where a spray leg in order to ski, until it healed. There is a time a place for them.

• Baller_
Don’t be silly. It’s a tool to be used for a purpose, when needed, for as long as needed. An un-named soul, who is a World, Masters and National champion and several time World and age group record holder, borrowed mine (kept for emergencies like this) while suffering from an accuse case of “water burn” when coming back after a long layoff due to injury. If he can wear one with his head held high, so can we all.

Lpskier

• Baller

Since doing this 2 years in a row (Reflex boot), I now wear not only a spray leg on my rear leg but insert a plastic shin guard inside the spray sleeve. It beats 2 weeks off the water and a $1000 urgent care bill. I'm not proud.

0o1e6hec439y.jpg

• Baller
Nothing wrong with a spray leg. I drag my back leg on the pull up which makes them less functional fro me because they always get pulled down and bunch at my ankle if not come clean off and become lost to the lake. I’m sure I could get a really really tight spray leg but I don’t want to work that hard to get it on or cut off circulation

• Baller
@dchristman yes, I do have a front reflex with a rubber high wrap on the rear. Both injuries happened when I burried the tip at the ball and my reflex released but I did not come out of the rear binding.

• Baller
@Horton I probably only have a 4-5 binding release falls a season (80+ day season). Therefore, I only get a bad shin scrape usually once a season. This latest one happened last Friday. This was my worse/painful shin gouge to date. At the frequency of happening only once a season, I am good for the rest of the season. Right. I am seriously thinking about using a soccer shin guard until the skin fully heals. I will find out today how it feels in the water.