Boat numbers, just under rub rail, or lower down.

• Baller

I am finally going to replace the numbers on my boat. Here in Idaho, things don't get checked much so I was pretty lazy about that. So, prior owner had the numbers lower down, under the strip of color that is under the rub rail. I have seen others with numbers there, but also, numbers just under the rub rail. What say you guys?

• Baller
For what it's worth, I found my boat manufacture's font (SN) and had mine made of the same font. Not sure you can use the malibu lower case but I'm a little particular about things matching. They will be with your boat for a long time. My 2 cents.

• Baller

ID Boat Number Reqs

So according to this, they should be just under the rub rail. Color should contrast sharply, but no specific requirement as to actual color. The bright lighter blue (a Malibu blue like the lighter blue in the large malibu sticker) bordered with white should be ok. But I might consider white with vapor blue border. And @griff1008 , yeah, that was the plan. The Malibu font like the larger sticker. I could also select a "Response" font with the top corners of the numbers/letters cut off at a 45, but I don't like that as well.

• Baller

I would go with two-tone domed numbers. Silver outline, blue color and put them right underneath the rub rail.

On my 2010 I put the stickers just above the rub rail. Looked nicer and much cleaner w/o them tho. ;)

qu2cnpnm5yjj.jpeg

• Baller

I finally caved and put numbers on my boat this year. I went a while without having my license displayed. Really depends on the lakes you go to around here.

I went with Domed Numbers that matched the font and text color of my factory graphics.

Looks okay, but nowhere near as nice as a clean boat.

• Baller

@gregy I borrowed a pic of your boat from another thread, as it is a good comparison. Our boats are quite similar. I like where you placed your numbers. I just need to decide on color of the interior of the number, and the border. Again, white with bright blue border, or bright blue with white border. I think both would look nice. And I would order in the Malibu font.

qs0ga2z9ru1g.jpg

Dom #s I thought were quite expensive. I did something inbetween the DOMs and just generic #s. I ordered from boatdecal.biz was about $40 (for both sides) for custom font and outline. And did it just below the rub rail. It was very easy to apply since all the lettering was on one sticker, and kept everything aligned.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/joeprunc/A8AC4A3D-6D88-41BC-B25A-89DA3922135F_zpsbwaz22ol.jpg

• Baller

I agree w/ @UWSkier Move them up to the colored part, right under the rub rail. @sunvalleylaw . I did samething, I had letters match the font of the slanted Malibu font on rear of boat. I did 1/8” chrome trim and main letters in red flake. ( I was cleaning after day on water and must of rubbed to hard and must of snagged the corner of that #4, so I’m going to get it fixed)

v2pe9l364y1r.jpeg

. nmvyg0tacozh.jpeg