Regina Jaquess pending Women's slalom world record of 4 buoys at 41 – Raw Video & boat path

Horton

• Supporting Member

@Horton I assumed you were exaggerating so I watched it. HOLY CRAP @Chad_Scott! I bow to your driving awesomeness. I am certain I cannot drive that straight with no skier, much less somebody causing hell at -41!

Hopefully nothing else is an issue for the record and we'll get to congratulate Regina again when it's approved! Fingers crossed.

• Baller_
Pretty damn impressive, both skier and driver, nice work to both. I think the entire ski community tips a cold one in your direction. The recovery twitch at 41 is really impressive as is the cross course speed. If you took the skier crossing by out of the video, it would simply look like the boat is sitting in the water being lightly rocked by some ripples.

• Baller

Chad and Regina are two of the nicest, most dedicated people in our sport that have both given back so much. There should be a World Record listing and awards for Drivers, as well as skiers. It is truly a two partner dance to pull this off. I consider this the Waterski Version of Dancing with the Stars.

I am looking forward to this pair pulling off the first Woman to run 41. I feel it's coming, and Congrats to both Chad and Regina for another new world record !!!

• Baller

@klindy I noticed same thing, boat favoring driver side. When we used to video boat path at practice I noticed when I ski, I tend to ski better if driver favors my off turn side, LFF this would be 2/4/6, and shorts me at 1,3,5. Something easier about powering through my onside turn a little narrow.

Just curious if the driver is 4” right at all 6 buoys does it count as total deviation of 24”? Or 0”?

• Baller
That’s some of the best skiing I’ve ever seen from Regina. I’ve got to ski with her quite a bit and see her ski at quite a few tournaments but 39 she ran was ridiculous. The space she had between the bouys and how fast she was moving through the turn was for me personally the best I’ve ever seen from Regina. After seeing that 39 no doubt she was getting down the course at 41 and looks like she could’ve done more but very smart on her end. Big congrats Regina. One of the nicest ladies I know in the sport.

• Members

You would have to go back a few years to find the origin of that. More proof that you don’t have to be faster than the bear as long as you are faster than your buddy.

So as not to perpetuate the thread hijack, kudos to Regina. The finishes of many of those turns were not ideal, but the skill, strength and tenacity of what followed shows what is possible for those far more athletically talented than I.

• Baller
Regina reminds me a lot of the dominance of Kristi Overton before year 2000, when she was the first woman to run a full 39. Can a full 41 be far away? Although, if Regina gets bonus $$ for World Records, her scores may just go up in increments.

• Supporting Member

Fwiw, I've watched this a couple more times and tried to consider the various angles and the placement of the pylon, and I actually don't think Chad is leaning even a few inches to one side.

The sneaky thing that may create an optical illusion is that the center of the camera is not quite at the center of the course. The buoys are slightly to the left relative to the camera center.

Now hurry up and approve the record so I can stop wasting my time with a protractor held up to my screen. :)

• Baller

IWWF Approves Jaquess' World Record

Posted by: usawsOn: 08/07/2018 16:12:01In: Water Skiing

Regina JaquessThe International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation’s Tournament Council has approved the pending women’s world slalom record of 4 buoys at 41 feet off set by U.S. water ski athlete Regina Jaquess (Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.) on July 16 at the July Heat at the Isles of Lake Hancock in Winter Garden, Fla. The score surpasses the current world record of 3-1/2 buoys at 41 feet off set by Jaquess on Nov. 5, 2016, at the Isles Junior Invitational at the Isles of Lake Hancock.