Looking for a mint condition Blue 2008-09 Nautique 196

MikeT

I live on a Massachusetts lake with a small triangular shaped tunnel that leads to the ski lake from my home and that cannot accommodate the width of the new Nautique nor the 200 so until they rebuild the tunnel I am stuck with a 196. My ideal boat is the above years 196 with a medium to light blue hull pattern. I"d like one with the entire hull blue and I've seen them even with the deck blue. I presently am selling my red 2008 to purchase a blue one that's in as mint condition as possible with a heater and ZO

• Baller

@Than_Bogan is right it is more @MikeT’s lake. While I have technically been skiing on the lake longer I took 15 years off and Mike kept the slalom courses and ski club going when there were only a couple of users.

We have seen an increase in people using the courses over the last few years which is great. We all owe a debt to Mike for keeping things going all these years.

A wrap is an interesting idea but would also require a new interior if Mike wants to go full blue.

Mike takes great care of his boat it is in awesome condition. Mike owns a commercial cleaning business and it shows in his boat.

I know it's strange but I live on the lake with the tunnel in the above picture. I can't get newer than a 2009. I want a change in boat look and color and it's to expensive to change the color and upholstery or not worth it if you can buy a new used boat for about the same as I can sell mine

. I will have to keep this boat for the foreseeable future. So I thought I'd post this request for someone who is looking to sell their blue 08-09. I'm appealing to a small group of skiers

Thanks Than and Mark for the kind words, but it's always been a club effort as Mark and I have been skiing here for some 40 years and Than half that time. It's a great public lake ski site. If you've driven down Route 90 or the Mass pike heading to Boston you've likely driven through our lake

• Baller

@MikeT @Jody_Seal has a 2008-2009 area blue hull 196 he told me was about to be his next project. It was FAR from mint condition, last I saw it. But, being a Jody project, it will likely be perfect when it’s done.

If I sell my Prostar and my 2002 196, I may buy it, but I’ve got too many projects and not enough time to get both those boats moved.

• Baller

I wonder if you could make it through that tunnel with a 200 with a crap ton of ballast onboard. Those sloped walls and all. Get a couple of those those after market fat sacs the surfers use and fill before you go through and dump on the other side. Seems like depth is not a problem.

Love my Blue 200 ... I fully support the quest for blue.

• Supporting Member
@jercrane The short answer is no. The 200 is MUCH wider, so even with flooding it, the water would have to be unusually low to get through. Also, Mike goes through many times per week, so a process like that would be very inconvenient. I am lucky to live on the course side of that tunnel, so only have to go through it a few times per year. I can take on water and bring lots of bodies with me if I have to -- and sometimes I do. But I still wouldn't be able to get a 200 through reliably.

• Baller

@Bill22 there is a ramp on our side of the lake but it is on a US Military facility. You can get access to it to put your boat in and out but pretty much only once a year and it is kind of a hassle. @rayn has a 2016 Prostar that he puts in there and there are a couple of wakeboard boats of other people that live on our lake.

I have an 02 Response LX and if I forget to plan ahead I put it in and go through the tunnel.