Tried double bindings today

vtmecheng

• Baller
That didn't go well. I had a hell of a time getting enough front foot pressure, everything felt off. I could maybe get one good pull and everything after sucked. Ultimately I took a fall over the second wake from too much back foot pressure. Came out of the rear but my front foot was still in the cuff part, ankle will be sore but ok. Guys I ski with all use double and say I should keep it up. I'm not so sure after how poorly today went. What is it about double bindings that causes the rear pressure over RTP?

• Supporting Member

Do NOT switch for no reason. Nate Smith uses rear toe and many pros are moving toward non-full-boot rear options.

If you want to learn about ski dynamics and bindings, it's super interesting. But if somebody has told you double boot is key to good performance, you've been misinformed.

• Baller_
Double boot skier forever from the day they became a thing and were cool. I did ok and got into 39 with them. But adapting to a rear RTP or RTP like was the worst. Tried it over the winter months here in FL and gave up. Persistence paid off the next winter and am successfully running 35s with R-style. I could not ski double boots now if I tried. Now I feel like my back foot does much of nothing and can feel most of my weight on my front foot. I think transisioning either way is very difficult. The one pro that seemed to noticabley improve by going to RTP is Jason Mac. His style changed and scores went up. Honestly I think the push to double boots back in the day was for one thing and one thing only. It helped companies sell twice as many boots. Long story short...do not switch unless you feel the need to give ski companies more of your hard earned dollars....(insert sarcasm font here) as you will gain no advantage IMHO