Reflex boot placement

BMG73

• Baller

I think I was one of the system banned accounts this weekend when trying to post this. Or I was banned for the long link thing which I am not smart enough to figure out, so I’m leaving out the photo...

After all the great stuff I hear about the new Syndicate Omni I decided to give it a try. I couldn’t get the boot at the stock setting though. I need to move the plate back all the way to the front hole to get there. The bolt in the block that holds the silveretta is in the way, so I moved the silveretta into the forward hole and I can get the screws in the plate now. The trouble is it is noticeably harder to clip the boot in because it is not worn down that much yet. Cause for concern or just go with it, or what’s your thoughts? Thanks!

• Baller

Please don’t ski like this, it could cause a prerelease.

Now for your mounting issue, use smaller head screws and turn the silvretta hinge screws inside out, one of these or both will probably solve your issue.

Also a Mikrojust would be a great idea for precision mounting.

• Baller
I was pretty iffy on doing this, thus the post. I ran accross this problem on a vapor a few years back but just settled on the next plate hole. This ski didn’t feel quite right in the next hole so I want to get the setting right. Now finding a smaller headed screw will be challenging where I live. May need to order something online.

• Baller
Its more expensive than a few small head screws but I would suggest you get the monoplate from reflex. Mount your release properly and attavh your rear binding to the monoplate. Youll be able to catch 8 to 10 pairs of inserts across the ski even if you cant get the two next to the release body.

• Baller

Like @skialex says, don’t use it in the wrong hole. That sounded terrible. Enough about that. It will prerelease though. Spin the screw around like the first photo. And/or slot the holes out and get a Mikro-Just (second photo). Damnit, never mind, that first photo is wrong, but either way, put the head facing out.

tuhe3b9rjlvb.jpeg

ytdrgljole5b.jpeg