Slalom handle question!

Ryota

• Baller

Hey Ballers!!

I was looking for new slalom handle and was just wondering what is the difference between these two kind of slalom handle.

I attached images.

One with rope covered with silicone and one with not covered.

What is the merit and demerit ??swe54zl5lk6r.jpg

4jkjgklb2srd.jpg

Thanks!!!

• Baller
The Carbon Custom Handle is $10 more, I prefer the Standard Custom Handle , but I trash the Brade before the Rubber on the Handle is worn , so will try the Carbon Custom Handle next time, the other thing to be aware of is the Carbon Custom Handle can mark your ski on the side you have the rope on.

• Baller
I didn’t notice the difference between the two when I ordered my custom carbon handle. I wanted a plain handle with no protective sleeves, so I just pulled the sleeve down and sliced it off. My ski doesn’t rub my rope handle on “get-ups”. However I use an arm guard, so the extra protection on the triangle portion is great for fastening zip-ties.

• Baller

The first handle is a carbon handle. It is for a person who skis on a Goode ski. The plat

Stick protection and black sleeve protects the rope from being cut by the edge of a Goode.

The lower is a standard custom handle. It has hand protectors on the V others then that is a great and our mst popular handle. If you don’t have a Goode get the lower handle. You won’t be disappointed.

• Baller

Even though I have a hard time disagreeing with Dave - the above Masterline handle was used for 3 seasons exclusively with a d3 and a kd ski.

Masterline got me covered and re-stringed it for a very reasonable price.

Needless to say, I went with the full carbon-handle protection while we were at it.

• Baller

My regular ski partner skis a Goode and gets up with both feet in and he beats the crap out of his handles even the carbon ones. I ski a good and get up with one foot in and I don’t damage my handles.

It seems getting up with both feet leads to rubbing against the rope getting up and if so I would recommend the carbon handles to help them last longer.

• Baller
@skimtb -actually, according to the results of experiments conducted by steve schnitzers many years ago, softening the top edge of a ski creates extra drag *and* makes the ski ride deeper in the water. he considers it to be an additional though irreversible form of ' tuning ' a ski.

• Baller

The top edge is an important fine tuning parameter. A sharp edge is rarely optimum.

With that said, I've softened the top edge too much several times. Easy fix with lots of masking tape and JB Weld.

Wait, if you have filed the top edge too much you have ruined the ski. Send it to me for proper disposal.

I've never had a handle fail from chafing. Sun damage, yes. Sharp edges on the handle, yes. Stretched knots, yes. If the chafing bugs you, wrap the line in tape. Or spend some bucks on the fancy handle.

Eric