Best ski bag?

disland

• Baller

If you can find one of the previous version HO Syndicate bags (non neoprene), they are awesome and extremely durable. I've got a couple of them.

This one (although this is the small size, I've got the longer version)

https://www.waterskiworld.com/water_skis/syndicate-padded-slalom-ski-bag.html

Edit - although there is no way that you are getting a vest in there

• Baller

Haven't really seen a bag that's a daily user for all that gear that's not overly bulky. If I'm traveling with all my gear, it goes in my Db Snow Roller bag, which I've reviewed on this site and love. I wouldn't recommend it as a daily bag though.

What's wrong with a normal padded slalom bag and some decent hangers for everything else? With a rope-keeper, one stout hanger can hold a rope, vest, heater top, and gloves pretty easily. That's what I normally do for day to day use and it works well.

• Baller
I was thinking about the Reflex bag as is has a little bit extra room for vest or something. But it was just a bit more than I wanted to spend at the time so I settled for my 3rd Radar bag. With that being said I have bought 3 Radar bags so I must not have any problems with it, just not amazed about it.

• Baller
@disland the Goode bag also has some padding in the bottom and straps to hold the ski in place along with protection for the fin. Overall it is a great bag and it will easily hold ski, vest, gloves, wetsuit, handle/rope and a towel.

• Baller

Ok, not exactly the right answer to your question but for day to day use I wanted something that is very portable, take little space in my car, keeps moisture away, no zipper easy to load and carry.

So few years ago I made a fleece cover for my ski and a gear tote bag about ikea size.

I have made the Gear bag out of a durable waterproof fabric, put long carrying straps and inside pockets for keys, cellphone, etc.

This is what almost all my ski buddies are using now. I have found a woman who do the sewing and also has an embroidery machine that can put any logo or name on it.

I also have a padded Goode ski bag that only use for air travel. My car is small not easy for day to day use.

ngh3na2sl1ut.jpeg

@disland dude just buy Thule snow ski bags! half the price best build quality in the industry! monster wheels on them so they don't break or jam up fat zipper on them had mine for 2 years.

I have this one.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjioLmsz7_eAhVBxYUKHbDLAWoQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thule.com%2Fen-gb%2Fgb%2Fluggage%2Fski-boot-snowboard-bags%2Fthule-roundtrip-ski-roller-175cm-_-225122&psig=AOvVaw11wWqs2nSDU9ZP6ffeNI0z&ust=1541588632930243v86nnhx295m4.png

• Baller
@disland, yes, the standard size fits fine. When I fly, I put my 67" ski in a traditional ski bag (with a few short pieces of pipe insulation around some of the edges), and put all of that inside this bag + vest ++ and that works fine. Flown it to Florida, Spain and Thailand. It's starting to look a little worse for wear but I'd say I got my $40 out of it.

• Baller

@Zman yes.

a) in ~10+ flights in soft bags over the last 4 years, I've had zero problems

but

b) it's worth noting that I'm travelling with a $500-a-few-years-ago ski-it-again special that I'd be excited to have an excuse to replace, not a brand-new, just-unboxed $2000 Goode that would leave me with a broken heart if it came off a plane in two pieces.

Risk ≠ probability

Risk = probability * consequence

• Baller
A few years ago I had a discussion with the GOAT about ski bags at his lake. I showed him my soft Elite bag with an internal box. Andy was totally against traveling with anything but a soft bag. Good enough for him then it's good enough for me.

• Baller

Hey, I'm not saying don't use a soft bag. Masteline and others make great soft bags.

Just pointing out the airline thing so you are not surprised.

But, kind of off topic...the OP is about bags for day to day local use.