Stay naked?

aspski

• Baller

I have a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter LXI, I really like the look of my boat but at the same time I love the classic look with 'Malibu' and 'Sunsetter LXI' decals along the hull and the 'official u.s open towboats' along the transom.

If you were me would you stay naked or look for some decals to add?

Pictures of the boat as it sits right now:

52820208_816077569772_785835045287257702

32875762_168507130661599_821149438062048

45437743_823243584684555_642102304026048

• Baller

Definitely naked. I had a 2011 Malibu vtx. I had them leave the big "Wakesetter" stickers off of it. Just had a subtle Malibu lettering near the stern. In my opinion the boat looked way better without stickers or graphics. Just a clean hull. The biggest benefit was it was much easier to clean and wax. No residue around the edges. I wish I had them leave these silly raised letters off of the Prostar. They're a pain to wax around. Doesn't do anything to make the boat look better. Going to look especially silly when one falls off and I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks to replace it.

I don't know why so many ski boat owners are tower haters.

• Baller

You should definitely have stickers but that's a lot of work. Just sell it to me for cheap and get one with stickers already on, I'll suck up not having stickers.

But seriously, I like the clean look. In the end, it's all about what you like and if you really care enough to spend time on stickers instead of skiing.

• Baller
My ski partner's ( @Mick04 ) TXI has no 'Response' letters on it. Makes it have a clean classic look to it. He thought about putting them on at the beginning but it looks great and I highly doubt he will ever do it.

• Baller

Thanks for the responses. Its a fun topic to debate when I'm still a good 2 months away from ice coming off the lake!

One of the reasons I bought this boat was because it had a tower/bimini and I love the look of it. I hate the extended pylons and a tower just works so much better/plus adds board storage as well. Its not a dedicated ski boat as I also love to wakeboard and surf behind it too!

• Baller
I had a neighbor that had a 2000 Response LX and the side bunks on his hoist did quick work of his decals. So he removed them completely and liked the look so kept it that way. From a distance I couldn't tell the difference between his Bu and the dozen Bayliners on our lake. But he loved it..... beauty is in the eye of the owner!

• Baller

@RAWSki those bunks are nice for getting in or out but if you hole saw through them and put a stub of PVC pipe up it solves the decal problem by catching the rub rail.

I just have 2 vertical PVC pipes at the rear set narrow enough the prop cant get too a bunk. Then a PVC crosswise so the skegs catch it before the prop can hit the rear cross bar on the lift.

When you raise it as you feel the bunks brush you need to rock the boat to center it.