Installing Heat in my SN 200

PatM

• Baller
I decided to install a heater in my 2018 SN200 CB. Does anyone know where in the bow it is supposed to mount or have pictures of where it mounts? Also any other tips or pitfalls to avoid would be much appreciated.

• Baller
@oldjeep yes I was informed of a code needed. Talked to my dealer and they gave me the code without problem. I was going to have them do the install but time is running out on their availability due to getting all the spring time preps they have to do. If I don’t figure how to wire this then I’ll wait till after the crazy spring rush and have the dealer do it then.

• Baller_

I added the heated seats 5 years ago in my Malibu. The installation was really easy. I use it a lot. Got the parts from Bakes.

I installed the heater and shower 8 years ago. Got those kits from Discount Inboard Marine. I use those a lot as well.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

@"Pat M", I did the installation myself and removed/replaced the the upholstery myself. I bought a $30 pneumatic stapler (had a pancake compressor already) and stainless steel staples for the job. You could get by with other staplers, but I really liked the ease of the pneumatic.

I completely removed the cover from the seat bottom, installed the heat pad, and stapled the cover back on. For the seat back, I just removed the staples at the bottom where it meets the seat bottom. Then, I worked that heat pad up into the seat and re-stapled the bottom. Much easier than removing the entire cover on the seat back. My kit only worked if you buy both heat pads. They are designed to work together as one. Your kit may differ and allow only the bottom pad.

I have a bunch of details on other parts I used, like waterproof automotive wire connectors to link the two pads and allow for quick disconnect when removing the seat bottom. I also used a relay to wire the seat switch to the ignition to prevent battery drain. If you would like other information, just PM me.

• Baller

@MISkier in regards to the drain, I've been debating doing something a bit different with my wiring this summer. My heater consumes a maximum of 45 watts on high - I have several 12V jump packs that are 20,000 mAh - they output more than 12V on the VM but even at 12V I should be able to get 4-5 hours at full consumption on the heater from one of those packs.

Anyhow I almost always have those on the boat with me in season because its not worth a flat battery out on the lake.

That would allow the seats to stay warmed when the boat was off if desired - and still avoid a non-start flat battery.

• Baller_
@BraceMaker, it would be beneficial to have a separate power source for the seat, rather than rely on the starting battery. I’ll have to give that some thought.