CG fin and washers

bhs

• Baller
Before I got the CG fin I was using a washer under the fin block. I got a new ski and then the CG fin and never replaced the washers. Does anyone use a CG fin and washers on a non denali ski?

• Baller

@bhs most people find the washers to be unnecessary since the asymmetrical holes have a bigger effect than washers do.

That being said I know a few people who still use them with the cg fin to help make up for poor technique, and I fully support using equipment to make up for personal deficiencies.

• Baller

@OldGettingYoung......That is like asking, do you like Blondes or Brunettes. Each has it's own personality.

The first thing I would attest to is the fact that both these fins are WAY better than any stock fin. Also, it is really dependent on your skiing style and what you want to focus on. You also have to be someone who likes to experiment and push limits, and be able to have time to spend exploring different settings.

From someone who is use to setting up Race Cars and Aerobatic Airplanes, this is something I Love doing. I have 2 ski partners that don't even own calipers and I am all the time setting up their skis, even one who runs 39. That's fine. Steve Schnitzer use to be a ski partner of mine, when I lived in West Palm, and I learned a tremendous amount from him. Especially since he invented the adjustable fin.

If you are not someone who likes experimenting with fins, then I would recommend you go with the new Fin from Denali, that is the same shape as your old fin. You just simply replace it to your old fins favorite settings and it will do everything better.

The only basic difference I have found is that the CG Fin may be more stable and slightly faster cross course. The WF has the capability to dial in more SMEAR and can be setup from Mild to Wild. You can't go wrong with trying both and see what fits your preferences more.

I would finish by saying that I am very Thankful for both of the Adam's and Jay for giving us these very advanced products. They can take your skiing to a higher level, and I have the greatest admiration to them for making these available to us !!!