Skiing around DC

Martin

Hey guys,

I will be coming up to DC for work and I am wondering if anyone knows about any lakes in the area or within 5 hrs or so. I might be spending the weekend of June 28th-30th. I talked to Corey, but they are gone for a tournament that weekend.

Thank you,

• Baller_

Lake Holly in Sparta Va is just south of Washington. Nearby lakes include Lohr Lake and Timber Lake. All have tournaments, so finding contacts via the Tournament Guide should be pretty easy. Good folks.

There is also a ski club in Richmond. If you buy a Doozie Lift from Louis Fields, maybe he'll take you for a ski ride. If he does, ask if you can have his wife Marie drive. She's highly qualified.

Lpskier

• Baller

There is the South River Ski Club in Annapolis MD. There website is http://southriverskiclub.net/. Also check out Severn River Ski Club at http://severnriverskiclub.org/

I lived about 15 miles from these places for 4 years, and 60 miles from them for 3 years before that and I didn't know anything about them. I found out about them about 4 weeks before I moved from Annapolis to Florida... I wish I knew about them a long time before that.

-Rip

• Baller
Be mindful of the true drive time to the lakes suggested by @lpskier. That section of I-95 has the worst traffic in the country, yes it is worse than LA. Trying to go 95 South that far from DC in the evening rush hour isn't worth a ski set. Saturday morning, you better get up real early to beat the rush. It's all doable but traffic must always be considered in that area. I lived there for 35 years.

• Baller
I am currently living in Ashburn, VA (about 45 min west of DC) for a year. I have all but completely written off skiing this year. Trying to get anywhere for a set or two would take nearly an entire day between driving, traffic, skiing and the return trip.

• Baller_
@"Pat M" thanks for the friendly reminder, but I'm pretty sure horton's rules are for siding/promoting any particular side and stirring up emotions and opinions. I'm also pretty sure there are less than 3 ballers that would take issue with my comments above. If horton wants to ban me for that, fine.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

My oldest daughter (Clemson skier) is doing an internship in DC and says another skier has a place about an hour from DC. I dont know where, but will ask. She says she is going to try and go there on weekends. That remains to be seen!

• Baller
We have a course about an hour northeast of DC, just the other side of Baltimore. It's in a bay tributary, but most times we can get good conditions early. Let me know if you still have a need, and I'm sure we can get you a pull.