How do you actually get in touch with ZO?

jhughes

• Baller
It's tough. Last time I needed to get ahold of them, I had to call the eControls san antonio office and raise hell. After a couple of calls to eControls, someone from ZO finally called me back. They are really not set up for Business to Consumer as 99.9% of their business is done BtoB.

I wanted to buy, but needed a question answered. I left probably 10 un-returned messages. The last few my verbiage was along the lines of “I want to give you money. Please let me give you my money.” But still no dice.

Eventually my local Nautique dealer got through to them. I think he reached out to Freddy.

• Baller

Both my pucks finally failed so needed to get new ones. Wanted to go to Rev S anyway so time to spend money. I have access to the cable and did the update to Rev R so all good with how to get the firmware update done.

Called my local Nautique dealer and they quoted $1500, uninstalled, so that was a no. I could see possibly a little premium but 3X is crazy.

So I called ZO and left a message with questions on ordering RevS, left a voicemail and did get a call back next day which I missed. Pretty sure I had it figured so on 4/4/19 I placed my order online for Rev S and single puck hardware. Received e-mail order acknowledgement later that day. Next day received e-mail with RevS .mot file and password. Later that day received e-mail notification that hardware would ship on the 10th. On 4/10/19 received e-mail notification that products had shipped and the tracking number. So everything as it should be, can't fault ZO here at all. Like ordering from many companies. E-commerce is not what they do so pretty good actually.

Now, the issues. Turns out the 2011 CC Nautique 200, AFAIK only the 2011 CC200, has everything hard wired for ZO, head unit and pucks, and does not use the harness plugs. All other years use harness plugs so "plug and play." Sent a detailed e-mail to the ZO contact provided with the ordering e-mails about this. Figured they would have run into this before and have some idea of what to do. Crickets, no response at all. Got it figured out and got confirmation I wasn't crazy or missing something from Skip. He also sent me a nifty diagram too. So I cut off the plugs from the new harness and spliced it all in. Real PITA due to where some wires were. Not really a ZO issue here, it's really a Nautique issue with Nautique wiring. But a note or call back saying yea on 2011 200's you have to hardwire it would have been good. Bit of a minus here to ZO but they didn't build a boat different from everyone else for one year, Nautique did.

End result is Rev S installed and working well. Boat skis a bit better, subtle but feels a bit "spunkier." Good thing in a 5.7 200. Does take substantially longer than dual puck Rev R to find a satellite initially on start-up. Then it usually has 7-9 satellites and after about 4-5 minutes is usually around 22 satellites with "D" (I believe means Differential GPS active). Good thing we don't worry about turning the engine off at the ends.

So my experience is ZO as a company I'd say was fine. They did what they advertised and sell and it was all responsive and on time for what they advertised and sell. Did they go anything extra? No. Didn't do anything negative either.

• Baller

Dang, I read this thread and thought I must be dealing with the wrong company.

I called their Tech Services twice over the past two weeks and got through quickly each time. Different technicians, but each was more than patient and willing to walk through the questions I had, explained how ZO worked in conjunction with the rest of the computer control signals and explained more about the rest of the CAN-bus system that was unrelated to ZO. Basically, talked to the level of knowledge I demonstrated I could understand; neither insulting nor speaking over my head.

I also contacted Sales, and they were responsive.

I'd go out of my way to deal with these guys.

• Baller

I have a 2011 CC200 6L and it was not hard wired. Plugs, just like all the others. Dealing with ZO was just fine. Only surprising thing was the huge hole I had to drill below the single puck. Rev. S Plus system is a "Huge" improvement for us 200 lb. guys.