Best MC wake after 2000?

Ictjhawk316

• Baller

ZO matters. ZO started in 2008. The run from 2008 to 2013 was a fantastic all around boat. Maybe the best tournament boats ever. My 2011 was one of the last Indmar engines which were better than the early Ilmor engines.

There was a lot of talk about how bad the slalom wakes were on those boats. BS! I taught so many beginners through the course that any wake issues aren't a real factor. And once the line got short, the wakes were as good or better than the other boats.

The trick wake was perfect. I miss it in tournament!

Eric

• Baller_
@UWSkier, that Skier 19 (as well as the Prostar 195 and Sportstar) were based on the 1995-1997 Prostar 190 hull. Very good wake. Those newer models benefited from the improved engine HP, which had increased to 310 by then.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
The 2014 and newer are awesome. The 197 is a good boat. 28 off n shorter, 34 mph and faster is the only place I can comment but it was great there. Good space, drives nice. Not sure why the dislike of that hull other than I understand longer lines, slower speeds the wake is big. If your kids like to board that's favorable.

• Baller

We went to ski school(s) almost every year between 03 and now that had and have MC. So that's a week solid of skiing these hulls year after year and I had zero skills then, which is fractionally less skills then now I suppose. But figure in the center of those years I was probably barely running 22/34 and everything below. Those Evo hulls, 01-13, seemed to have good ones and bad ones, maybe a mold by mold thing or something. Some were great, some were less great as far as slalom wake. I always thought they were OK, though. Never terrible. Sometimes fantastic. Sometimes outstanding. I remember hearing from a fairly reputable source that they had 2 molds, one good and one less good. Or something like that. Could be total BS.

That Evo hull is also very cool looking on the water. Real piece of art. FWIW better looking than the current MC hull. My favorite is the 07TT that has the different color decals on each side, such a cool boat.

I'd own one.