Injured list.

Andre

• Baller
Tore my shoulder; rotator cuff. Large tear and had surgery July 17. Season is done and the conditions are wonderful. Sure they are. Gotta come up with a better story but, one armed a gas can into a truck and pop.

• Baller

On the list now. Dislocated left shoulder last July 31st in a tournament, hit 5 ball

@32 off while reaching(late) and hit the ball. Ouch. PT and rest, free skiing by late Sept. January 2022 took an OTF fall snow skiing, very minor fall but arm outstretched to break the fall and the 2nd dislocation took place.

Surgery 6/20/22, repaired rotator cuff tendon and bicep tendon. MRI previous fall didn't show the bicep tendon tear so doc had to fix that while he was in there. I did get to free ski a fair amount from mid May till the surgery so the season wasn't a total loss but done for this year.

Starting formal PT next week. Hoping for full recovery and get back to tournament skiing next season.

@coach3 I feel your pain, hope you are doing well. I am feeling better than expected based on other shoulder surgery patients horror stories.

• Baller
Freak handle accident. Somehow in waaay too much slack at 35, seeing all that rope instinct (no thought involved) I tried to pitch the handle (bad move). Somehow the handle hits my shin. Takes out a chunk of skin and despite careful cleaning and antibiotic ointment, get a nasty case of cellulitis. Swollen, red and sore. Hurts to even walk.

• Baller_

@coach3 Regarding your Rotator Cuff surgery . . . I have a full tear on both shoulders that can't fixed with the basic suture repair surgery (I don't know the terminology) When I saw the surgeon I couldn't lift my arm to turn the blinkers or wipers on my car. I asked him about I trying skiing and waiting until after the ski season for surgery . . he said 'Try It" So I started skiing daily early June and both shoulders have become 80% asymptomatic. I am shocked. I have hard time climbing up on the swim platform but have no problem skiing but worry about the wrong kind of fall.

@Bruce_Butterfield said he skied 3 years with a torn rotator cuff. I would interested to know if he also had partial healing during that interval.

• Baller_

Re rotator cuff… I had shoulder pain for around 15 years that was most likely due to partial and increasing suprispinatus tearing. Tears caused by age and years of use/abuse don’t heal on their own.

What is HUGHLY beneficial is a good PT/strength program that gets the smaller supporting muscles stronger and help keep the shoulder in proper alignment. This really helps the pain and discomfort of the torn tendons. But this only slows the inevitable, not reverse it.

I’m 21 months out from right shoulder surgery and have full strength and zero pain. Left shoulder is 9 months out with 80-90%strength and moderate discomfort. The surgery and recovery suck but long term is well worth it.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding