Looking for another pull...

ghutch

• Baller
@skimtb Sorry I thought it was $75 but that seems very reasonable to me. This isn't a cheap sport and $55 is a steal, they've had Nationals there and the site is beautiful. Skw great too, I PBd there last fall.

• Baller
I don't read that @ghutch was looking for a commercial place to let him ski for just gas. I'm thinking he was looking for some ballers in the area that might give him a pull, where of course he was offering gas money. I'm not sure where the suggestion otherwise came from.

• Baller

Geez guys thanks for jumping off the cliff there. Yes I fully expect to pay if I go to a ski school somewhere and get coaching. Believe me I contribute where I can to this sport...@dvskier you are correct.. it is not cheap. And no @skierjp I don't think it's cool to just expect to pay gas money at a ski school.

Thank you @ScottScott. Thats exactly what I am trying to do. Just get a set somewhere from a fellow baller and contribute gas money, beer money or whatever. I am more than happy to take people out when traveling through the beautiful state of TN and usually won't even charge for the pull. If I can't afford a tank of gas in my boat to give fellow travelling skiers a pull maybe I need to get out of the sport.

• Baller

I wasn't talking about a ski school. Why would you just expect to cover gas for a privately owned boat? Boat cost, insurance, hours on boat, maintenance, course maintenance, hours on boat, time out of my day..., etc

I'm thinking $30 minimum per set, 6 to 8 passes.

• Baller
Maybe I'm a little different but I don't expect others to help pay for my boat, it's insurance, hours, course maintenance, my time. I just like to make contacts, ski and offer the same to others.

Those of you that jumped on ghutch are those ruining this sport that is having no problems dying on its own. The man is simply looking for a pull and make contacts. Shame on you uppity trust fund spoiled buttheads that think everyone has money dripping from their back pockets. All travelers are welcome to ski at our ski site free. We enjoy hosting guests and making contacts. ScottScott, right on!

• Baller

I would never expect anything if I gave someone a tug or two...if they offered to pay for lunch or something at the resort that would be nice but certainly not mandatory. Chances are I would learn a thing or two from a guest skier and in my world of suckage that’s worth the few $$ for gas...one hand washes the other...

I took our Bombardier rep (Learjet) skiing last year, had a blast, had a quick meeting in the boat between tugs and he bought lunch...had a great afternoon.

Just don’t make fun of my Brendella and PP!!

• Baller
Ski Watch in Milton is closest. Ski Chaste in Mobile and Ski Lake Jillian in Panama City are within 2 hours. I don’t have contacts at any of those and ski at Cory’s - best bet there this time of year is a Saturday - more than worth the money.

• Baller
Just an update for anyone who's following this thread: Contacted a home owner at Ski Watch and was more than happy to provide a pull. Offered to pay for gas and his reply was he wouldn't take it, "just happy to provide a pull for a travelling skier". This is what the sport is about to me. "Most" skiers are great people who simply love the sport and just enjoy meeting others and skiing different places. It's nice to be able to travel with your ski and be able to get a pull from others who love the sport as much as you do.

I am the homeowner in Ski Watch that @ghutch contacted for a pull. We are pretty new to the sport as well as new to BOS and enjoying them both !! We invited him to come join us for some skiing but leave your gas can at home !! We skied, had lunch, skied some more, enjoyed a few beers on the patio & had a Great Day. The few gallons of gas is a small drop in the bucket to the lasting friendship we made and we look forward to @ghutch returning in September to stay at our house and ski in our tournament !!

• Baller
Wow! Thanks Tim! And thanks Ballers for the awesome recommendation! Again to me this is what the sport is about. Making great friends that share a common bond who just want to ski and hang out. Tim, again you'll never pay for a pull in TN if I can help it! I can't thank you enough!!