Denali C75 Review

Horton

• Baller
So I mounted the ole 75 up yesterday and man do I love that ski! 35s felt awesome and played around with 38. Just got back on it and rode it like I stole it. If that ski ever goes out I'm going to cry like a 4 year old.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
So after skiing on my C-85(large), I've been playing around with my C-75 (large) at 32mph to see if I can get it to mimic the ride I get from the C-85. I get the same performance but the work load is much higher. I've been playing with different fin settings with no luck. Any thoughts? @AdamCord or @adamhcaldwell The ski's seem very similar in the front, in the rear the C-75 seems to have more rocker. Just wondering. P.S. love the C-85.

Ernie Schlager

• Baller

The last couple weeks I have been struggling with my skiing. The workload to get width and speed across the wakes seemed really high. My offside turns ALWAYS ended with a hiccup and a giddy-up (think pull arms into the chest and slowly let out as the rope tightens, all this while the tip of the ski would wheelie up). A couple weeks ago at the Radar Nation Tour I rode a 2022 Radar Vapor, a very impressive ski (got my wife one) that creates crazy speed and turns like it is on a rail. Went back the next day to my C75 and it just felt like a dog! Something had to be wrong - so I took out some of the wing angle and that helped for a pass or two, but still didn’t feel setup like I wanted, and went back to a 8 degree wing. Went back to struggling with creating speed and the hiccup giddyup scenario. Then sickness came - put me out of commission till yesterday evening (a full week). Used that time to research fin settings in this thread (pg10 and 12) and settled on these:

Length: 6.6975

DFT: 1.067

Depth: 2.550

Wing: 8.5

Bf: 28.5. (Double Radar Carbitex)

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 165

Well, let me tell you, the ski had much better glide, cross course speed, and the turns were smooth and fast. Great angle generation without the “hiccup giddyup”. My elbow, shoulder, and hands were thanking me. I think my ski season just turned a corner, the best is yet to come.

• Baller

@Skoot1123, comparing to the #s on page 10, your D (2.55) is quite deeper than that on page 10 (2.465-2.475). Is this right or typo? Thank you!

Btw, glad good health and good skiing are back!

• Baller
@rfa - thanks!! That figure is not a typo - @adamhcaldwell posted on page 12 some additional numbers to play around with and I used that as my primary guide for determining my next move. What surprised me most was how smooth the ski felt, the balance (fore/aft - side to side was never an issue), and the cross course speed. Much faster even with a much deeper fin (than my previous setting) though I did move my DFT a bit too. I was skiing at less than 100% last night too and it felt amazing.

• Baller
@rfa - I should add that I ski at 34mph and typically make 28 and sometimes 32 off, which means taking cracks at 35. I am really hoping I can make at least one 35@34 this year. If I can get some video I’ll do a before after comparison.

• Baller
So I've been playing around with a new tune on my Large C-75 32.3mph. What I found is the ski now feels like my C-85, but with a quicker finish of the turn. Using some numbers that @adamhcaldwell had put out in August of 2019. 1.10dft, 2.520, 6.860, 7 degrees flat wing, Front boot at 29". So now what? I'm guessing going back to the C-85 to see if I can match the quick finish of the turn. Stay Tuned.

Ernie Schlager

• Baller

@scoke For me the C-85 is less Work on my body to get the same results. Easy to tune, very forgiving, and stable. The first ride on it and I knew/felt very comfortable. Wind chop doesn't seem to bother it, great angle and load cross course greeted by lots of width to the turn. Feels like a D-3 on steroids but very user friendly. The one thing I'm missing is the Quick, nice finish of the turn that the C-75 has. (the tail of the two skis is night and day different)

I will post the results after Monday on the new numbers @adamhcaldwell gave me. So far He's been right on the Money.

Ernie Schlager

• Baller

Buoys bikinis and beer!

Inspiring. I’ve got emails out to owners on SIA. I might just bite the bullet and buy both models and see what fits my style/size. Then resell the other one. We’ll see.

Look forward to seeing some new video though.

Let’s run buoys regardless.