2019 Nationals at okeeheelee park - Recommendations, Tips, suggestions, etc...

Luv2Ski

• Baller
This will be our first time traveling by air to a tournament and bringing all our gear. This will also be our first time to Florida and Okeeheelee Park. I hear that the site is quite spread out and there is really a lot of walking involved to get from one event to another, so we need to plan accordingly. If you've been to the site before, I'd like to hear any tips or recommendations you have for us as newbies. We will be traveling with 2 kids (ages 13 & 7), so if there are things we should plan to check out or do in the area (on or off site), we would like to hear those recommendations as well.

• Baller
You can drive to all the lakes.They all have plenty of parking. The practice lake has the least amount of parking. All the vendors are centered around the Main Lake. The Main lake and the East-West trick lake are close. They actually use the same dock but on separate ends.

• Baller
Were on the main lake are the vendors setting up? Is the main lake were Slalom takes place or is it scattered? Do the vendors have demo rides for their skies? I was at a Pro-Am a few years back and they did that. I am going to watch and check out the vendors, most likely will part with some cash

• Baller_

Best advice: Ski your lights out when it’s your turn to go. The lakes ski great and are plenty long. No excuse for not PBing at WPB.

On the other hand, you may want a chair, a big hat, sun shirt, sunscreen, rain gear and a bike. I’m sure you can rent bikes somewhere. There isn’t a lot of shade. There are plenty of bleachers but they tend to be in the sun. Drink plenty of water. Bring your wallet. There will be lots of stuff you want to buy. Don’t bother bringing a lot of Tee shirts. You’ll get plenty free ones.

Lpskier

Pentalago is 35-45 minutes North in Palm City, if people want to come up and take a tour of the site we will give them a pull. We have 42 lots on 5 interconnected lakes, starting in the low 200's. Contact Greg at 772 678 8148