Registration Status

walleye

• Baller
595 now. A touch hard to compare to last year as deadline is 1 day later. I’m predicting numbers to be down but hopefully just a little. We’ll know more after today. Last year 80 people still signed up after deadline believe it or not.

• Baller

My story is the same as so many others. I was initially excited about Nationals being at Okaheelee and having all 3 of my kids qualify in 3-event, but when I realized Regionals was in KS I just couldn’t bring myself to make the incredibly painful 17 hour drive and pay the added cost.

So the cascading effect is no nationals, no regionals, no states and no buckeye buoy tour. There was no point.

I think we skied about the same amount, maybe slightly less during the week, but more on the weekends; and saved a heck of a lot of money in the process with less stress and more fun.

I even paused for a moment during the weekend of our state championships when skiing at our home lake. I got to ski probably triple the number of passes than I would at the tournament and I thought to myself, this is where I want to be - in the boat with my kids and not in the judges tower.

• Baller

Skiing at Nationals is such an honor. I'm in!

Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. Thanks to @BHarwood and the folks at Rehab United for quickly putting me back together enough to give it a try after some physical issues. Got to grab every opportunity you can - you never know how long the ride will last.

My apologies to @JeffSurdej and the people who work so hard to put Nationals together for waiting to the last minute.

Eric