2020 VAPOR

ROBOT

• Administrators

Vapor2020

The Vapor name has become synonymous with balance and speed. As we moved to our 2020 shape, we simply wanted to build on the foundation we had created. The overall width of the ski has been decreased in an effort to create more efficient water flow and allow the ski to have a more level ride. Rocker was modified to increase the drive behind the boat and allow the ski to create more angle before the buoy. Lastly, we increased the concave and let it run through the tail of the ski to give more support and consistency at the apex of the turn. All these simple changes allowed us to build a ski that is faster than its predecessor, has more automatic turns, and gives a truly consistent ride from turn to turn. You have to ski this thing, welcome to 2020 Vapor.

Shape:
The overall max width of the ski was reduced slightly for 2020. The width reduction in the area forward of your front foot allows the ski tip to ride lower while on plane. This gives the ski a more level riding attack angle which makes the ski more efficient through the water and makes it easier for the skier to engage the front half of the ski for tighter, more predictable turns.

Rocker:
The rocker line has been lowered under your feet in this new shape. This increases the sweet spot, inspiring confidence to push the limits with more predictable results. The new rocker gives the ski more drive side to side, allowing the skier to hold more angle from the finish of the turn to the centerline. It also allows the skier to start initiating the turn in a more level and controlled attack angle. Essentially, the tip of the ski can initiate earlier and there is a larger sweet spot to base your turns from. The increased tip engagement allows the tip to override the tail more, which results in more ski rotation prior to the buoy. The more the ski can be turned before the buoy, the earlier the skier can start to accelerate out of the buoy.

Concave: 
For 2020 Vapor, the concave was increased in the back 1/3 of the ski and now runs out the tail. This allows the ski to harness more water under the back of the ski and creates a higher riding tail that feels more supportive at the finish of the turn. The ski is faster as a result but without that loose, slippery feel. 

Bevels:
The Vapor features a hybrid bevel which allows us to get the best things from both a round and a sharp bevel. This lets the ski roll from edge to edge considerably smoother while also producing a more dynamic range of turn shapes. Ultimately, these bevels help create a ski that holds maximum angle side to side, rolls from edge to edge at a very predictable and confidence inspiring rate and is super forgiving for more ability to crank turns when you need them.

Thickness:
The max thickness of the ski has been lowered through the middle. By reducing the sidewall, the ski is able to sit deeper in the water, allowing for a more secure feeling to the skier with more feedback from the water.

Available in: 63.5, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69.5

https://radarskis.com/2020vapor
Vapor2020 photoshoot

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
@JC McCavit I doubt many non-team skiers have ridden it. I can tell you that the only time I ever driven a skier into 41 off at 36 mph he was on a 2020 Vapor.

• Baller

I have seen a few NW skiers on them the ski has a 2019 graphic

but when watching skiers there is a noticeable difference.

the new ski has a lot more ski in the water at the ball and in the pull.

I saw one in Dec at a secret location. and I Said I cant wait to get my hands on one!

• Baller
I’ve had every vapor. Comparing the 16 to the 2020 (1 set so far).... The 2020 feels more secure/planted by staying level more. The construction difference alone is a big change.... the 2020 has different core, carbon and innegra added... it is a much smoother, damper ride

• Baller
I guess this just goes to show how individual the choice of ski can be. I demo'd a handful of skis before my last purchase (which were all really nice, to be fair) but the 2018 Vapor was the clear winner. The honeymoon is well into its second year with no signs of slowing down, so it's hard for me to imagine someone being dissatisfied with it!

• Baller

I just got back from Radar and picked up a new 66". I was on a 2019 66" and definitely can say that I would not want anything bigger. I haven't skied much this summer since my boy @fwinter has been gone, but with just 2 sets on it I can say that I really like it. Really excited to have it back home and get to work. I can give a real evaluation on it later this week after using at TBS and feeling a little fresher than I do after standing around that camp fire until 2am every night.

And, if gold is an option, I always pick it!