Adam Cord is a terrible human

Horton

• Administrators

If you have read my C75 review you know I really like this ski. I have been on it almost all season and am skiing the best of my like. I started the review with short deep settings something like 2.528 / 6.804 / 1.05 / 28.5 / 8

The problem is Adam is he is an engineer and he thinks I am basically a lab rat he can experiment on. I believe he used the Dark Side of the Force or some sort of remote hypnosis to convince me to try other settings.

First there was 28.75 / .980 / 7" / 2.43 / 7. These settings were easier on my body and made the ski feel faster. The downside of these settings was ski seems to have a smaller margin of error at my hardest passes. When I am skiing at my best these settings are actually VERY good but if I am not at my best the original Short Deep settings are way better.

Next there was 28.75 / 1.01 / 2.44 / 7" / 8. This setting was not bad but as the previous setting it resulted in rides that were hot and cold. One day I ran four out of five 38s and then went to a tournament and missed 35.

Yesterday - I finally returned to the original short deep settings. My passes were perhaps not as smooth as with the above long shallow settings but I ran 4 out of 6 attempted 38s. These are my settings for the rest of the season.

To be fair Adam thinks long shallow may be better for 32 off or longer & he is likely correct about that.

• Baller

@Horton - So is it fair to say that like the C 65 the CG fin has no bad settings on the C 75 just some are better than others?

I read somewhere here that the C75 was designed to specifically include the features of the CG fin. Do you feel the fin has similar results and feel on both skis ?

• Baller_

@horton you a lab rat? You tried 3 different settings that weren’t all that different. A typical denali lab rat has a dozen rides with a dozen significantly different settings - i.e. moving the bindings at least an inch, changing dft by 0.3” or so, and getting out the sharp implements for good measure.

You are in the fine tuning stages of as finished a product as the Adams have built, so quit whining.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

You're not a lab rat until Adam or Adam tells you to pull out a power tool and do a bit more then adjust a fin or boot.

So is this the longest you've stayed on a test ski?? Feel sorry for the other companies. They're gonna have to up their game to get you through that many 38s. Would this be more 38s on a single test ski then all others??

• Administrators
@VTskier it is not uncommon for a settings be feel like crap on you opener and feel better as the rope gets shorter. A ski or settings that feel awesome on your opener might suck at the pass you really care about.

• Baller
@Horton this is the first ski that had such a big change of my opener. That being said, each day is getting more comfortable and the ski is actually giving great feedbacks about my weaknesses. The rewards of good technique are huge on it.

• Baller
@Horton is right about the ski, but blatantly wrong about Adam. Cord rocks! He is helping me get this ski dialed in with moves I wouldn’t have thought of. What is so fun about the ski is that even with less than ideal settings, the strengths of the ski have me running passes I shouldn’t. Some of the most fun passes have been those where I am less than ideal and make the boat driver work a bit.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan No problem. I did quite a bit of grinding to the thin last winter on the 7.5 project. Are you working short/deep , short/shallow, or Long/shallow? I was using short/shallow on the 7.5 that worked great. I haven't tried those settings yet on the c-75 .

• Baller_
So not on a C75 or a C65 but one iteration between. My limited skiing do to boat and life issues seems to be in the rear view mirror now and today was a really good day. The Denali is dialed in and 2@38 straight up the line was the result. Just need to trust that the ski will in fact clear 2 ball without me pressuring the ski after centerline. Have not shortened to 35 since March do to limited ski time. Ran a scrappy surprise 35 last night with tons of mistakes so not all that confident and to me it didn't count. Today's was almost too easy. Relaxing helped. Reason for the post... I love Denalis..all of them. Thank you @AdamCord and @adamhcaldwell . 38 will fall again soon. Cord is not a terrible person...mostly.