67" Syndicate Omni - Can anybody answer my question ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Anybody have a 67" syndicate Omni, would yopu be able to tell me what the measurement is from the Front Binding, rear holes on the ski to the tail of the ski, wanting to make sure my bindings are going to position correctly before organising a Demo.

Thankyou in advance.

• Baller
@Stevie Boy usually the measurement is from the back of your front boot not the holes on the binding. Different bindings are in different places on the plates they are mounted on. Standard settings are here https://www.hosports.com/pdf/ho-skis-settings-chart-2019.pdf. For the Omni the back of your front binding should be 29.5” from the tail of the ski. It is an easy measurement with a tape measure.

• Baller

@Chef you mis-interpret what I am asking and why I am asking, I just need to know where the holes are on the ski ,then I will know if my current binding will go to the Manufacturers measurement which is 29.5 inches if the measurement of the last two mounting holes for the front binding ( On The Ski) is somewhere between 29.5 and 30.25 my binding will mount correctly.

@mfjaegersr thanks for your help ,but I also think you may have mis-interpreted what I was asking.

Perhaps I have not made it clear what I am asking

I am looking for the measurement from the centre of the back two holes of the front binding to the tail of the ski, then I will know if I can acheive the recommened binding placement.

Using Tfactor.

• Baller

No worries Mate! Here’s a pic just in case. It’s possible it might measure slightly shorter from the center point (between the holes) to the tail, hence the 1/16, maybe an 1/8 fudge factor. Hope Sam chimes in; he may have a solution. What bindings are you looking to fit?

0hwg17kjhmsf.jpeg

• Baller

@Stevie Boy I just measured two of my personal Syndicate Omnis. When I bisect the plane of the rear inserts of the front boot, measuring down the centerline of the ski, I get 29 15/16".

You should be just fine with your T-Factor.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@savaiusini Magic ! thankyou I might get to give one a go, I hear good things about the Omni.

Top end on weight range @32mph my top end ski is great when I am skiing well , but the window for error is small, the Omni looks fantastic with the likes of Will Asher, John Horton and Marcus Brown on it, but they are far superior water skiers than myself.

I would like to think I could do it justice, John Hortons 28 & 32 off looked incredibly smooth and early.

• Baller
@Stevie Boy about the only thing I can recommend would be to get out a Dremel tool and extend the slots/add holes on your plate. We do this all the time so we can test different boot positions. As for the width question, Omni is similar width to Senate; perhaps slightly narrower.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@savaiusini Tfactors have a cutaway at the front you are going to get 1/16th if you are lucky on the front slot, then you are going to have to use a washer to stop it splitting, it's a shame the industry, is going the way of use our bindings on our products or go home, when you think most plates allow for 1" of movement you would think that most manufacturers could get it so most bindings would fit, I am likely to go down the route of making up a reflex plate to accomodate my front binding and rear RTP so that it will go on most skis.

But should I really have to do that, I was a fan of a certain manufacturer and had been skiing on their product for three years, when I brought a new product from them it was impossible to get stock measurement, I was 11/16th's

Alas I walked away from them because I was effectively excluded from there product unless I wanted to change binding system, the problem being I value my ankles too much.

I have managed to reworked the plate and moved the footbed and can now achieve stock, I just hope it is worth all the agro, we will find out at the weekend.

But Thankyou for your input, everybody keeps telling what a great ski the Omni is.

• Baller

@Stevie Boy For the most part, the industry has settled on plates and hole patterns that are compatible from brand to brand. In your scenario, I suspect the issue is more related to insert position on the ski or boot location on the plate.

I hope you get a chance to ride an Omni and that it exceeds your expectations. When you do, please report back!

• Baller

@savaiusini - It would be interesting to check even if just within HO if the distance from the tail of the ski to a line bisecting the rearwards most front binding inserts is calibrated to the binding measurements.

For instance if the binding number on a 67" omni is 29.5" and the Omega is 30" are those inserts .5" different place?