Top Ten Ad's of All Time

A_B

• Baller
@75Tique A couple of years ago, one of the neighbor's at our lake had guests over. We were all going out skiing and one of the old timer's came walking down to my dock with his vintage Maherajah wooden ski. When I asked what it was, he said, "if you saw the poster, you'd buy it too". :)

• Baller
Oh, man, @Broussard, there's just so much wrong with those old ads! Different times... When those old Mastercraft ads came out, I was coaching baseball with the guy who was the account manager. Not a skier, but his boss was. He then got a sweet deal on a Prostar so he and one of his coworkers bought it. He told me that neither of them had ever owned a boat before and unintentionally abused it pretty badly. The went to the local dealer to sell it on consignment and he looked at its condition and asked, "What happened, was it stolen?"

• Baller

Please don't flame me for an off topic post, but a couple people equated some of the ads above to the good skiing times in the 80s. I have this short video clip of an 80s (1986) outing. Tons of fun skiing in those days, outside of Houston. I was in my mid 20s to mid 30s at the time. Would head to the river almost every weekend from march to november. Just sharing some memories.

• Baller

When I was kid we'd be working at the lake and when we took a break, my dad and uncle would pull out a Hamm's. As kids we'd always ask for a taste and, based on that, I thought beer tasted terrible. It wasn't until later when I discovered it didn't all taste like that swill. (And my uncle owned the liquor store!)

For many years, the plant engineer at Hamm's brewing was the legendary Tom Chapin and that's what he'd buy if it was available. We were setting up for a tournament one time and he went on a beer run. PC asked where his dad went and his response was, "Oh, no- you can't let him go for beer- he'll buy Hamm's!" I though that may have been him in the ad, but no.

• Administrators

@igkya & @75Tique @andjules

Unfortunately we now live in the strange new world of #MeToo & SafeSport. I do not really understand it but there is no going back. My understanding of the social and political relations between men and women is zero. As bikinis get smaller the penalties for looking are greater. Whatever.

• Baller_

Still like to give my mom a hard time about those commercials!

I used to have the posters of when My dad, Kris, Wade and other skiers dressed up like mobsters, those were the best, sadly when moving the poster was destroyed and I have not seen pictures of them any where before.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller_
@mike_mapple I had that OBrien poster (The Untouchables) signed by the athletes including your dad. I really didn't have a good place to display it at my home so I donated it to Lake 38 where Keith and his wife had it professionally restored, framed and have it proudly displayed front and center at the 7th Buoy. Can't think of a better place. 100s of skiers from Joes to Pros get to enjoy it. ill see if I can find a pic of it. Absolutely a top 10 ad.