Are green boats bad luck?

Horton

• Baller_
LOL great memory of my buddy's 1st boat we called the Green Hemorrhoid - an old green runabout with an even older 55 hp Evinrude. Ran great till it got warm, then the coil would short out until it cooled off. We learned to ski up river with a cooler of beer. When it quit we just drifted back to the launch - Good Times!

• Members

It really depends on the color and accents. When we were looking for a boat we found one we called Hulk, 2013 PS with tower and ballast. The ugliest green, bright and no contrast inside at all. Just green on green for days. Terrible. We then found a 2014 PS that was green and looked amazing, nice color and contrast.

Since you keep a boat for such a short time it does not really matter, selling might be a little harder but if done well I think it would be fine.

• Baller
I would have loved a green boat. Mostly because I'm Irish and love the color. My buddy has a 1998 Sport Nautique that is green. That boat has given him little to no issues and it is not the most well cared for boat either.

• Administrators

@Drago as soon as I convince someone at MasterCraft that pink* metal flake will resale I will get it. ( They are not going for it)

* Buford Danger wants "dark pink sparkle" which is close to raspberry

tz33mgvftanl.jpg

• Members

@Horton Maybe this article will help the cause:

We bought a pink waterski boat. Seriously, it was almost ridiculous - who buys a pink waterski boat? Well we did, because, in what seemed like one day, my husband went from being a normal patriarch of a boating family, to a man crazily obsessed with waterskiing. None of us could have imagined what the pink ski boat and the sport of waterskiing would come to mean to our family.

https://www.boatingmag.com/pink-boat/

2chdewtkvvvx.jpg

That was my boat - for what its worth, it was difficult to sell. I got a lot of comments about the green. It is a love/hate thing. Far more comments about the green than the black bottom. But, it was also a 5.3l and had just had a brand new motor put in it because of some warranty work gone bad (by me).

My last three boats have been black or black metal flake and reef blue (teal). They have looked great and the first one sold in a flash (I still have the other two and haven't really started pushing them for sale 2015 200 and 2019 SN). The 2019 will be on TNT's website, shortly, if you are interested.

Thanks,

Dan

• Baller
@BraceMaker I'm not sure what you mean? When the boat floats on the dolly, the bow eye is actually embedded in that bumper at the "v" of the trailer due to the angles involved with the rails. The nose of the boat slowly rises to the height you see it as the hull comes in contact with the bunks. Someday I will actually cut the front of the dolly off, and weld two uprights that will contact the rub rail on each side to facilitate placing the boat in the right spot front to back.

• Baller
@Sethro just mean that looking at it in your garage it would seem that you could make a V cradle that bolted the the trailer that wrapped around the side such that when it was in the garage you had easier access up onto the boat and that you could walk around and clip it when it was in the water. Almost like a narrow carpeted dock bolted to the side of the trailer as access.