MICHIGAN SKIERS ONLY!! Help Make my summer AWESOME!

jakecuz23

Hi Ballers,

My name is Jake and I am a Senior at MSU and ski for the MSU Water Ski Team. I just found out I will be working as a summer intern at an insurance company in downtown Traverse City. I am looking for a place to live for the summer and a place to ski. I figured it would be sweet to live with another ski addict and ski everyday! Just though I would post this to see if anyone knew any possible options.

Housing:

Looking to lease May 1st - Sept 1st 2020 and will live anywhere near TC. Want to spend $600 or less per month. A room in a house would be great, but I could easily live in a garage, loft, in a ski boat (preferably not a Malibu), or anywhere you would put me to sleep! Will work to earn my keep, more than happy to help clean the boat and run to get boat gas! I am gone at ski tournaments on the weekends, so I would only be in house mon- fri.

Lot:

If someone had a piece of land/ big backyard with an electrical hook-up and would rent cheap, I would consider buying a old camper and parking it there for the summer.

Ski Buddy:

If you know anyone who would let me come take some sets with them, let me know!!!!!! I need to dial in my 32 off!!!

Mountain Bike Buddy:

I also mountain biker and am a bike mechanic. So if you want to ride or need you bike fixed, let me know!!

• Baller_

@jakecuz23,

Bart Collins lives in that area. He is a three event skier and former MC promo driver. I believe his place is on Silver Lake. I’m not sure of the status of his course or jump. I don’t have his contact info, but I have asked one of my ski buddies that also has a cottage up there on nearby Crystal Lake to see if he can locate that info. He is not up there all the time and his course isn’t available continuously, but he may be able to connect you with Bart.

I provided the link to this thread, so, hopefully, someone will contact you directly.

Also, Sara Condra spent a summer up there and might have other info, if you can track her down.

If I can help in any other way, let me know.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.