JaredSmith is Scot Chipman. He is banned again and all of his content has been deleted.

Horton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

I missed all the previous “drama”, but Scot and the Utah Lake Waterski Club were the folks who got me skiing the course nearly ten years ago. I spent two full days hanging out and skiing with Scot behind his boat. He was an incredibly gracious host and nice guy - it was the first time I had seen a course in 30 years. I understand Horton’s frustrations and all the folks piling on, but I honestly don't see how his infractions rate all this abuse.

Keep yer chin up Scot and thanks for launching this crazy obsession!

And thanks to Horton for keeping this website about fun and skiing! It’s been the lifeblood of my obsession and the source of enormous info.

• Baller

I had to go look up stylometry and found here, https://programminghistorian.org/en/lessons/introduction-to-stylometry-with-python

Stylometry is the quantitative study of literary style through computational distant reading methods. It is based on the observation that authors tend to write in relatively consistent, recognizable and unique ways. For example:

Each person has their own unique vocabulary, sometimes rich, sometimes limited. Although a larger vocabulary is usually associated with literary quality, this is not always the case. Some people write in short sentences, while others prefer long blocks of text consisting of many clauses. No two people use semicolons, em-dashes, and other forms of punctuation in the exact same way.

So to any other so called "nice guy" thinking about being duplicitous on this forum, be aware that it is harder than you think because not only is there IP address tracking capability but your own writing style will give you away.

• Baller

What do you know about Ray Finkle?

soccer style kicker graduated from collierd high june 1976, stetson university honors graduate class of 1980, hold two NCAA division one records, one for the most points in a season the other for distance former nicknamed the mule, the first and only pro-athlete to ever come out of collierd county, and one heeeellllll of a model american....

sorry, couldn't resist

• Baller

@ozski Regards Aliases, I could fully understand why a Pro may want to comment on certain things discreetly, which is OK with me, if they are not promoting or trying to knock competitors products etc.

I think at times they would like to comment on certain issues, but would not like to stick their head above the parapet, they have more to lose than most of us, if they are suspected of stepping out of line.

Clearly they would not behave in the same manner as mentioned in this thread, but we do have to make allowances for people that are not the full ticket, sometimes they just can't help it.

• Baller
I believe you guys that he’s really a nice guy, and I’m all for those helping the sport. He sounds awesome but there’s just something I just can’t grasp about the multiple accounts to further his opinions/agenda. And I suppose it is, at least, understandable if it was for money or doing it one time on something you just felt extra fired up about, but over and over, and over? So much so that you get caught, and warned, caught and banned. Let back in and you do it again?? Thanks @Horton for doing what you do. I know you do get paid for it, so it’s not like I’m thanking you for volunteer work but stuff like this does keep the forum on track and from going down paths we’ve seen other forums (which no longer exist) have gone down. It’s the reason those don’t exist and yours is awesome.

• Administrators

@Stevie Boy the next time you post something this irrational I will seriously consider banning you.

@Horton seeing that the Guy seems to have done so much for the sport and is clearly passionate about it and going on other peoples comments, comes across as a reasonably nice guy, are you likely to give him a last and final or are you done ?

• Administrators

Some of you guys are being funny but in all seriousness it's pretty hard to get banned from this community. I can only think of two or three members who have had to be pushed out in the last few years.

The issue is usually being overly argumentative or spreading some sort of disinformation or disingenuous participation. My point is that as administrator, I really try to run this place with a light touch. The few that have been banned would disagree but I think most of you appreciate the fact that this forum has a culture where you are expected to act like an adult and everybody around you is expected to do the same. When everybody does act like an adult my job is extremely easy and the conversation is enjoyable for everybody.

• Baller
So @Horton if I am hearing you correctly, I can't be over argumentative, I can't spread false information and I can't let my other personas come out to play????? Sounds like marriage to me! Shit! Can I still be a smart ass??? You didn't say anything about that! And @Garn just finally admit to the world about your sexuality. I see you looking at me like that when I am getting ready for my set!! It's okay, I promise, none of us here will spread false rumors, we will not be argumentative and we definitely will not flirt with you from other personas. Admitting it will give you a whole new meaning to "chasing balls." just sayin

• Baller
@Than_Bogan that is a true statement. @RazorRoss3 came out for a quick peek and nailed the stud!! (Garn, that is not a reference to you btw—it was a hunting reference.). I’m just glad @Garn is finally accepting what he is.

• Baller
When I moved to Utah 6 years Scot was one of very few people who was willing to give me a pull. He’s done a lot to grow the sport and is always willing to go above and beyond in terms of taking boats to tournaments and pulling people at his lake.

• Administrators
I'm pretty sure that we have abused Jared sufficiently for his transgressions. I'm going to close this thread so he can get back to his life.