DJI - Osmo Action vs. GoPro

• Baller
Do either of these cameras record sound? Which is better for recording slalom from a pylon mount? Can video from the camera be wirelessly transferred to your phone? Is there a remote start stop method if only the driver is in the boat?

• Administrators

GoPro Hero 8 does all that and extremely well. as far as starting and stopping the recording I connect my phone to the camera with Bluetooth and just hit the record button before I take off on every pass.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9fp3i3BS6u/?igshid=1gefvbrqlt82u

• Baller
@Horton Are you still using the hero8? I've seen some of your other posts about older cell phones and didn't know if you are happiest with the 8? I know they now have a 9 out and the 10 will surely be out soon.

• Baller

@richfoster You might have your answer about camera shake in the video posted above? Skier is popping the rope on every turn, and video still looks good.

When I pop the rope like that using my Samsung phone, video goes all blurry at hookup.

• Baller
The sound on the new GoPro Hero 9 is very good. I use it both professionally and for fun; often the sound quality of the GoPro in action environments is better than a second "high-end" mic I use. Here is a video with all natural sound from the GoPro. Lots of other stuff on my YouTube channel.