Rides 6 & 7 on Goode XTR CC

Horton

• Administrators
better video to come. Not sure if I have my final settings yet and really I haven't exactly figured out exactly how to ride this ski but it is good

• Administrators

my first 38 of the year. @rico claims he was weaving so the score doesn't count. Darn Frenchies!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_dcNGEJitS/?igshid=dvrnfkskl5ol

• Administrators

@MickeyThompson GoPro hero 8 black & Ski-Doc orbital.

@markn When I am in the groove it is a very low effort ski. I do not understand it yet but sometimes on my early passes it seems like more effort.

• Administrators

@Stevie Boy meh. 32 is my opening pass. I am warming up and finding my balance.

I see some of you guys trying to really study this video. I have only a few rides with these settings. it is only going to get smoother from here. Also my gates are really bad right now. I need to re-adjust my pull out for this ski.

@Horton don’t put your deep water starts on the video. We can probably critique that too. I think the ski looks pretty good. Obviously you jump back and forth on a number of skis and once you find you spot on the ski the passes will improve. I watched all of the videos and you look like you have plenty of space and time at each buoy. Never a doubt you were going to run 38. You also seem to be connected to the pylon and boat at all passes and both onside and offside turns. Looking forward to watching you after you dial it in. In my experience if the ski looks awesome at 32 off it’s not going to work at 39

• Baller
@horton in all the videos I've seen you in you always seem to have a better off-side turn. This seems like the onside turn is very strong. Seems like a nice place to be if you looking for a ski to improve your skiing. I have to think with some time, maybe a fin adjustment they could get evened out. Am I seeing this wrong? This is not a criticism at all! I also seem to have more trouble with onside. I would feel like this ski could offer something that others don't seem to.

• Baller

I will take a different approach on this. Most skiers would only post a video when they have the ski dialed in and are at their best, I THANK YOU for having the Balls to post, knowing your not dialed in and face criticism, and share the process of dialing in the ski.

I have no criticism, only respect !!!

• Baller
@Horton it wasn't meant as a criticism, boy wish I could ski that well, I was trying to learn from the video, I was looking at the line, because the people I ski with have this thing about getting really high on the boat, for the gate, but you were not as high as they are suggesting and running 32,35 & 38s

• Baller

Is the xtr a mid ride mold? 66.5 9960 mid? I still have chads old 66.5 9900 midride. I just can’t let it go.

@Horton if this is the same but updated core I must have it. Fritz and I are riding my scooter down to Bako to get it.

y00ralyqnr2d.jpeg

• Administrators
well actually I think the original 2012 Nano 65.25 was a derivative of the 63-in mid. So there is a family tree there but the ski has evolved through so many iterations that at this point I would say it is unique in a relation to its predecessors.

• Baller

@Deanoski 9970 is not mine and it is a 67” I would probably be better on one size up. I will try it though later in the season.

Rev belongs to a friend, I was riding it when it was new (67.25”), then I bought an XT 66.75” and the XT was a bit less work cross course and easier for my style to get some width at -35. Had tried the 66.5” Rev for couple of sets when it was new, same buoy count but it was more work and I was at my best ski form.

I’m 184lb and ski -28 to -35 sometimes couple at -38. Safe skier don’t crash often, haven’t released for the past 17 months.

So this time I’m coming off the 66.75” XT and moving to a 68” XTR (same size). Can’t ski right now, ski will probably start on the 18th, I’ll let you know what I think of the XTR. What is interesting is flex No. of the XTRs and the 9970 and also compared to the Rev6 and 2017 XT.

• Baller

@wawaskr I was riding a 2013 XT 66” for 4 years (same size as the 67” XTR). My weight fluctuates between 175 and 185, when I was closer to 175 the 66” was awesome, but usually I was closer to 185 especially in the winter time. So I tried a 66.75” XT and it was much easier off the second wake to the buoy, turns where automatic on both. So for the past 2.5 years I’m riding the 66.75”, I’m more consistent and run more -35 than on the 66”.

Up to 9900 traditional I was choosing the shorter ski.. Nano era to my opinion is more work cross course but the ski turns, so the longer ski gives me the speed and the width I want.

• Baller

@wawaskr - they simply changed how the ski was identified or measured. The XTR is a tweaked version of the XT (essentially same length mold) ...so a 66" XT is the 'same' as a 67 XTR and as SkiAlex said, a 66.75 XT is the same as a 68 XTR.

Correct @Chad_Scott ?

• Baller
@booze - yes I am aware, and you are correct. I was on a 66" XT, and just switched to a new 67" XTRcc. I was just wondering why someone who was 184lbs would go with a 68" (Range 185lb - up); vs. with a 67" (Range 150lb - 190lb). I on the other hand, weigh 195lb and ski on the 67".