BallOfSpray Prehistoric Ski Contest

• Baller
@ Horton I learned to run longline 34, 36, 15 off, and 22 off a Jobe just like that one behind a 77 Ski Nautique with arguably the hardest/worst wake in inboard ski boat history. There were tons of messed up ribs and out the fronts. I just thought it was all me at the time until I skied on a 65” Connelly Team 1. Picked up a pass after a few weeks and stopped the carnage.

• Baller
@cougfan that jobe on the left was my first “real” non-combo slalom ski. Loved it, but it was a hook and go ski for sure. I had my share of OTFs with that one, one that the ski hit my head and knocked me cold. The last thing I remember seeing was the bee on the back.

• Baller
@braindamage that was my wife’s ski of choice for over 40 years until I convinced her to upgrade last year to a new Radar. She really loves her new ski. The old Jobe has a lot of sentimental value for her as it was the same ski her brother used back in the day and he taught her how to ski. He was a phenomenal skier and barefooter who sadly died tragically in an auto accident 21 years ago May 7. Always think what he could have done with today’s modern equipment.

• Baller

Took the 1986 MasterCraft for a disasterous ride today. The saddest part, no passengers in the boat to roll on the floor laughing as I crashed and burned. It was bad. In 36 years, the skis have sure improved a bit.gykkh70cb6bf.jpg

• Baller

@Horton Not much video.

The best I managed was 1@28, 32mph - I think.

Against better judgement, for which I have little, I may have to try again. Evidently, my driver was pulling up on the throttle every time he saw me starting to go down. The Wakeye app was quick to stop the video, missing the crashes.

I have no clue if the very worn, low wrap EP rubber boots are even close to where the MC boots were when I actually skied this thing. But, at first, every time I started to put the ski on edge it felt like it never wanted to stop rolling over, and kerplunk!

Next time I will have my driver do manual starts n stops for video.

BTW, the fin is not adjustable. And I had no wing.

What year did fin blocks start offering adjustments?

• Baller

@aupatking Hmmm. Guess my video didn't put any fear in potential challengers. Lol.

Mel is out for a week. Maybe after that.

80s skis must also have boots from the same era?

• Administrators

@KKelly with those bindings I would not go faster.

kvgyhvh8bdmm.jpg

With my bindings I am sure I could run 32 off @ 34mph but it would not be a good idea.