Binders need to go further Back than inserts allow.

Snape

I use rubber binders, and on 2 different manufacturers skis I've tried I can't get the binders back far enough. I've lengthened slots, etc. The first one I was all the way back and still 3/4" from factory. The second, a Senate, is close but using a RTP I need to go back about 1/2 inch with the RTP. I tried it using a fender washer holding down the front. It felt much better.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a longer plate, or other method to let me move the plates back. The front is probably close but would like the option to move backwards another 1/8-1/4. Front is Wiley.

Thanks in Advance.4xn03nf1qoca.jpg

0gth9u1tgkns.jpg

Definitely Dicey! Just did that for 3rd test ride. It went from other World to pretty nice.

The picture of the front boot is only 1/8 back from factory, and I'm completely out of room to move it back. My toe still hits the horseshoe with the RTP like it is in the picture.

I'll try calling Wiley's tomorrow.

• Baller
That rear mount scares me... but it’s an easy fix, you just need to move the rubber loop back on the plate, most plates have extra sets of holes for that reason. If your HO doesn’t have extra holes, use your rubber piece and screws to place it one hole back and just drill a hole on each side, countersunk them mount everything and boom you are ready to go.

• Baller
What has Wileys changed on their plate? I had a Wiley front boot for a while but was really disapointed that the horseshoe plastic looked like it had been cut out with a Dremel and I couldn't put screws in the holes where the cutouts were because the horseshoe was still in the way. Great boot but the cutout made it look rough and having adjustment holes I couldn't use sucked.

Wiley told me that they haven't changed their plates in some time. So I can try to alter the existing rear toe or has anyone made their own plate? If so, what source for material, etc.?

• Baller

@Snape I can easily cut a plate with holes wherever you need them. I use 1/8” G10 material. I just need a pattern or cad drawing.

kj7lkkq79124.jpeg

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

I don't believe you should have to get custom plates cut. I love the Wileys bindings, but this is the reason I sold mine, I couldn't use the full range of adjustments, but due to the horseshoes used on the Wileys, I don't see how they could modify the plate. The insert pattern on a ski dictates the hole pattern on a plate, and moving the binding on your plate just means you would have to move the plate back further.

Seems to me you would only be shifting the problem

Damn those custom plates are nice though.