Boat Colors / Nautique

jjackkrash

• Baller

I am considering ordering a Ski Nautique the way I want it. I am pretty set on Admiral Blue metal flake for the main stripe; the wife and boy like this color with Tungsten Grey for the main deck and hull colors, over: white, red, black, or anything else, with mostly grey seating and some blue and black accents. I am not sold yet on a grey hull and deck, but its hard to tell on the computer. Anyone seen a gray hull and deck in the wild maybe with a blue flake? Would I be crazy not to get a more traditional white deck and hull?

• Baller
The downfall I have with the colored deck is that it shows scratches. As much as I yell at the kids , they always step anywhere but the sea deck when they get in. And of course they have sandy feet. But I helieve the Nautique gunnels are all sea deck.

• Baller

Are you buying to boat for yourself or for a future sale to an unknown party. If you are going to keep it for a while not just 1-2 years, buy what you want!

One caveat, Don't go for pink, I recall one that had to be SIGNIFICANTLY discounted get any interested in a sale.

• Baller

That red flake looks sweet. My "B" build has red flake, black bottom, red deck, and grey seats and seadeck. I'm torn between red and admiral blue flake for the main stripe.

As far as scratches on the flake, I understand its a pita if you have to patch, but not that bad for scuffs and scratches that you can buff out. And it is thicker so it is less likely to need a patch. So I think I am willing to chance have the main stripe red or blue flake. But if you can't buff out minor scratches at all, I'm out on that.

• Baller

@jayski I really dig the grey boat.

But we are most likely going with this (but came close to choosing grey deck):

Exterior

Interior Deck: Victory Red

Main Stripe: Victory Red Metal Flake

Hull Bottom: Onyx Black

Platform: Onyx Black

Chromax: Onyx Black

Interior

Primary Interior: Tungsten Grey

Main Stripe: Victory Red

Accent Piping: Onyx Black

Seat Boxing: Victory Red

Featured Textures: Onyx Black

Thread: Onyx Black

Chromax: Black

Non-skid: Titanium Grey

• Baller
There it is in the wild. Yes the grey hull is easily scratched on the boat mate trailers. Back in 2016 we couldn’t do more interior tungsten grey but a little white has not shown water spots like solid darker colors seem to.

• Baller

@DSP Well done. Flashy and conservative all at the same time.

There were images of a new Prostar wrap or wrap proposal for S&s a while back online. It looked a bit strange due to the hull lines near the back on the side.

It was blue with white stars.

• Baller
I really am torn, as Admiral Blue was my first choice for the main stripe/color, but I could not find complementing colors for the rest of the boat that both my wife and I could agree on for the deck and interior. So we have landed on black flake for the main stripe, red deck and hull, and grey interior with red and black trim. I suspect and hope this color scheme is really going to pop.

• Baller

You’re right @6balls. A white deck was different. We weren’t thinking about anything but grey deck to match the hull but in 2016 according to our dealer, it wasn’t an option. Looking back, white has been good because it doesn’t show the rope rub on the rear end like it likely would have in grey. So the carpet is grey. I’m glad to see all the interior color options now.

I’ve seen a similar SN 200 Manon Costard periodically skis behind I think at the Boarding School. It may be sold by now.