Upholstery Central Florida

Nole_Skier

• Baller
Good luck Danny! The best we have is only ok. There’s Patty in Altamonte who John H has used a few times and I’ve seen a few SN’shes re done. She does very good work, fair price, but freaking flighty as all hell and I’ve always gotten aggravated before I was able to get her to do stuff for me. I think she’s all about timing. I’ve been using another guy who’s moonlighting.... He’s been doing decent work for a fair price and so far been pretty quick. I’ll PM you their numbers.

• Baller

C&S is far from what Christines was, which was, meh.

This is the best match C&S could produce for me. All the colors were wrong, texture was acceptable but not perfect, sheen was way off. The white from that era is still widely available and black in that lineup should be a no brainer. I do expect problems getting the purple. But that’s all the whites she could get? Unacceptable.

pkks0qocxqoz.jpeg

• Baller
I would think it almost impossible to get an exact match with upholstery materials/colors/material wt., etc., probably not made anymore. Then take into account UV, dirt and cleaners/conditioners over the years. It's still extremely hard to evenly match paint with todays technology. IMO You would be better off to wait and do the whole thing at one time.

• Baller

@thager I understand that. Not my first boat restoration. And this was for an entire boat. My point is C&S is supposed to be the best and official Nautique upholstery guru now that Christine’s retired and yet she can only send 2 whites, 1 black, and 1 purple? I told her I need better matches and she says that’s ALL she can do. I take that as being not invested and not trying.

I sent same picture to one of the local recommendations I And others sent to Nole Skier and they managed to produce a total of 22 samples, much closer match. Some don’t settle for mediocre when you’re paying top dollar.

• Baller
Christine’s did a great job on my skins for SN. Like @thager said mine were UV out, soiled and worn. (Carpet even more). Color match was close but not the same. Done as package looked new. Looking for one off piece to match old would be tough. Custom job, custom shop. Great work sourcing matching materials. Can you share manufacturers and colors for the rest of us?