NEW PROSTAR??????????

dave2ball

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@6balls. Thanks but looking for feedback w the 6 liter. I was surprised to hear a boat w almost 400 horse and all that Torque would struggle to hit 38 w barefooter in tow. 20 year old versions w 5.7 liter motors could pull multiple bf skiers in excess of 40 easily. I get it’s designed for 36 mph but still …

• Baller
@Woodybc62 most all new Prostar buyers are gonna be 3 Event (or at least 1 of the 3). I can’t speak for the 6.0 but the 5.7 in my old 2014 would hit 43 top end. If you want to foot with it, you may want to reprop it. The prop used on it is optimized for 3 event, of course.

• Baller

@horton 50 plus mph inboard is not easy, and today’s hulls are big. The 6.2 MC Prostar was a beast but not hitting 50. We were short line guys that footed and also footed lines—not uncommon to have 3 footers at a time or more—we once pulled 6.

If does seem goofy for footers that big HP is a slow hole shot and mediocre top end—optimized for slalom.

Bottom line is those who want to foot their slalom boats need the biggest HP option or need a separate footing boat. If they foot every now and again every 40 mph boat will do—some wakes better than others for that purpose. Bu is best if not going retro and getting a Sanger. Gekko held its own.