George Tracy

Horton

• Administrators

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBrMCXOh7oS/?igshid=mrio6lvjng8v

#Repost @awsasouth

• • • • • •

Sad News in the Ski World, George Tracy

Head went thru the handle and broke his neck and died at John turners lake today

• Baller
I've known and competed against George for over 30 years. We all used to get together after tournaments and get a bite to eat and just have fun. He was an easy going person and I will miss him! Life can hit you hard when you least expect it. The sad part about getting into your mid 70's is seeing your friends leave this world. For several years I've just used a couple zip ties and a piece of rope installed across the middle of my handle to prevent what happened to George. There have been others over the last 7 yr where this has happened. RIP George and I'm praying for you, sure we'll meet again some day.

• Baller

So sorry for family,friends and other skiers who witnessed that unlucky accident.

RIP George.

\\\Off to reinstall my guard that i was too lazy to take off my last handle and hope someone else will do the same.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

George was definitely a special one. I met him about three years ago when I moved to Port Saint Lucie. He was one of my ski buddies. Pulled me into 38off on Wednesday. Helped me adjust buoys that morning.

I will miss his dock talk, fun loving nature and overall outlook on life.

If you guys don’t have a handle guard, please get one. I was just telling George about mine on Wednesday. I was just to late ?

• Administrators

I hope this thread is okay. I posted this when I saw it announced on Instagram and took it for granted that this news republic.

my condolences to the family

• Baller
George and skied in the same division and I met him on the starting dock at Regional a few times. Didn't really know him however. Tragic. I went through a period of time using a handle guard and got away from it due to the inability to ski into 38 anymore, thinking this is where the problem begins. I may have to rethink things. Just a terrible thing.

• Baller
Devastating news. I have skied at many tournaments with and against George over the years (including this past weekend at Palm Bay). Always a great sense of humor and typically zooming back and forth in his golf cart. My thoughts go out to his friends and family and particularly to my friend who was pulling him at the time.

• Baller
@Horton I didn’t know him but I do feel this thread honors him. Seems to have been a great guy, well loved and a loss to us all. I’m sad and I pray for his family and friends. I’m sad and sorry for the loss of your friend @Spencer_Shultz