The 2021 MasterCraft ProStar

Horton

• Administrators

For 2021 we’ve taken everything you’ve come to love and expect from the ProStar - its impeccable wakes and exclusive DNA - and thoughtfully integrated features that not only cater to the skier, but to the driver and crew.

You wanted more attention to detail. And we’ve delivered.

25 details to be exact.

The best just got better.

Learn more MasterCraft.com/prostar

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

Things that caught my eye:

"Improved Tracking" and 4 tracking fins.

"Precise Steering Control".

"Optimized Command Center" and new screen layout.

If they didn't affect the wake negatively and improved the driveability, it will be a great move forward.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Great new boat from a company that is actually listening to its market. This addition will elevate MC's brand awareness and benefit all previous year models. I can’t wait to experience the wakes and driving experience. All of this w/o increasing the starting price. Any comments on the best flooring option?

• Baller
@Golfguy I really liked the snap in carpet we had in our '15. Came in and out easily, and rolled up nicely for storage. I'll either go carpet or decadence on the next one. Seadek may take a beating over time, plus I like the option of bare floors to keep the boat clean. More often than not, I'd just throw down bathroom mats to soak up water.

• Baller_
Deckadence flooring is the greatest flooring on the planet. Unless a new invention happens, you can’t beat the stuff. The bare floor in the MC is also top notch and not slippery. Why would anyone put carpet in a boat. Yuk

• Administrators
@The_MS I hate to agree with you about anything but I agree that Deckadence is the best boat flooring ever. I ran my first ProStar with the bare floor and like it too. It is the coolest possible option for the 110+ degree days we get here in summer.

• Baller

+1 for bare floor. Dries fast, doesn’t hold water.

We put a thick towel folder in half in the rear corner to put jackets and gloves on, and most of the water goes out with that.

Love it. Curious to see the new floor. And the back seats. Lighter and easier is a great plan there.

Great boats.

Nice work MC and team!

• Baller

Goodness Gracious this boat seems like it has some real potential to be really amazing. If they keep those same soft small wakes at slow speeds and long lines, then at these prices shown, this just seems like an absolute winner. I'm not sure I've ever been more tempted to just be absolutely financially irresponsible and just get one configured exactly how I want it and just throw caution to the wind and order one.

I really want to see some slow speed long line wakes.

• Baller

@escmanaze and you @skimtb need to go into the retro plain flat white vinyl letter business. :D

@skimtb why bother with a towel at all?!?

The bare floor is a nice option its been offered in other boats thru the years yet MC seems to have done it very well. But Love the deck-a-dence it's hard to beat except when bone dry in the sun for long periods.

• Baller
@escmanaze I ordered a malibu several years back and just requested the letters be shipped along with the boat. Nice clean lines with a subtle emblem near the back. If you still get the letters loose then you can sell them with the boat (if they care) or you could sell individual letters to those that have them fall off. :). Anyone have an extra M?

• Baller
I've driven a couple of the current Prostars, one was setup and tracked way better than he other. Our sites are a bit tricky to drive which made it easy to choose the Nautique. If the tracking is improved and the price is right this is going to hit Nautique hard. I'm really looking forward to seeing this new boat and hope its as good as it looks.

• Baller
Just found this video from Action Water Sports: https://www.facebook.com/100000162666167/videos/3610931065588947 In the middle of the video it shows the video display. At 5:50 in the video there is also a partial view of the open bow seating which is different but looks great. It is hard to tell on the video but the boat does sound quieter. In 2018 we switched to MasterCraft after owning 15 Malibu's. I thought our 2018 Prostar was all but perfect. I was totally amazed with MasterCraft's engineering at that time. The 2021 appears to be steps above our 2018. I hope I can talk my boat partner into getting a 2021!

• Baller

I see there is now a clock in the zero off screen. That’s nice too. Minor, but seems silly the oldest ones you have to press a few buttons to get to time.

@horton. don’t you have any “pull”. Pun intended.

I would have to think build slots are going to fill up sooner than later.

• Baller

All I can say is dammit now I have to buy a new boat. Mastercraft nailed it beautiful boat beautiful layout great driving boat driver seat was incredibly comfortable extremely quiet inside. Went out at 22 off virtually no bump then ran a bunch of 28’s Fred drove me for the first two My girlfriend drove me for the next four or five passes I lost count The boat felt extremely smooth definitely have Zero Off programmed to work with the Skier. My neighbor went with us he ran a PB one at 38 off he loved the pull and the nonexistent wakes his opener is 28 off. Drove my girlfriend 26.7mph she doesn’t pull hard but it was basically set the steering wheel straight down the course I don’t think I did any correction at that slow speed all the way through of course. Thank you Fred for going over the boat from one end to the other and for being a gracious host, I will be out to take a lesson at the boarding school with you. You’re a lucky man to be sponsored by the best boat builder in the business and I own a nautiquepgge4lm9sufn.jpeg

7890cdrnmlfr.jpeg

9voy9f0pd1cz.jpeg

• Baller
It has been an option, probably standard on the coastal package. I purchased the kit from MC parts depot for ours. Just lazy I haven't put the connection on the transom yet, but did put in the check valve inline in the intake hose, and that is a big benefit already, I just have to go into the engine compartment to attach a hose till I run the hose to the transom and put in fitting.

• Baller
Great looking interior and the new side hinged rear compartments look good. I appears they have re-engineered the ski racks a bit and that you might only be able to to put the skis in one direction? Kind of makes sense fins toward the transom tips to the bow??Or

• Administrators
@jimski the engine box is actually a rather complicated design now. hot air vents straight up into an internal channel and then is vented out the back to keep the engine cooler and breathing.

• Baller
It looks like they eliminated all the gauges and the driver side glove box. I like those features ony 17. may look better in person but i would prefer just a smaller strip of sea deck on the gunnels. Either way I want one !

• Baller
Those changes wouldn't be my favorite changes in the new boat..... I'm sure ski schools and people on ski lakes have little use for the glove box, and maybe even the stereo. For public lake use, we fill both glove boxes with personal items, and I prefer to have at least a volume knob on the stereo I can grab instead of navigating to a page on the screen. The glove box could still exist with a non reflective material.

• Baller
Is there still a storage compartment in the floor between the pylon and center/walkthrough seat? I see flooring solid in that area. I don't understand why they would put a hatch to a storage compartment in the floor, then cover it with the carpet/flooring. We had to cut the carpet out, take it to get edge binding put on, then covered that hatch with sea dek.

• Baller
@ScottScott i agree, for the few times i go to a public lake , the drivers glove box is great. Keep my wallet , car keys and phone in there. Its my personal glove box and the rest of my family gets the observer side glove box. I also stick the boat keys in there while moored at a marina. If a thief can figure out to turn the battery switch on and open the glove for the keys, they can have it! Lol.

• Baller

@ScottScott the story I heard from a reliable source is, they were going to keep the driver glovebox but it was gonna put MSRP at $120K and there’s already one boat in that range.

Seriously though, thank you MasterCraft for building this awesome boat and knowing your customers.