For Sale: 2008 Ski Nautique 196 Limited

CCRSKR

2008 Correct Craft Ski Nautique 196 Limited. PCM 5.7L Excalibur 343 HP with ~735 hours, Zero Off GPS speed control upgraded to Rev R. Two vent heater with defroster. Fiberglass swim platform upgraded with SeaDek padding. Tower Bimini's custom bimini top. Tumac's Aqualon cover with vents and ratchet strap. Pop up cleats. Just tuned up with OEM cap, rotor, plugs and plug wires. Runs, drive and skis excellent.

Ramlin single axel trailer with diamond plate, swing away tongue and surge breaks.

More info and photos here: SIA-2008 196 Limited

dzw7rh3r4153.jpeg

uqkg4om34ihs.jpeg

gjzuge1es4uh.jpeg

• Members

Wow. $30+k.

We have the same boat, minus the Rev. R and he Bimini. Bought for $24,800 in winter of 2010 from a dealer in Wisconsin. So, while it's not the biggest ROI ever it's still nice to know we probably haven't lost money on our investment.

• Baller
The 196 is a great hull. It doesn't need moveable weights in the boat to make a great wake and to handle properly. But I grew up skiing on late 70's ski boats which now are used for wakeboard boats. Maybe those old boats taught us how to keep the ski on edge through the wakes? The 196 is holding value for a reason!

@swc5150 Starting price means very little. We're still talking north of $70k!! You put a few options in like SeaDek or Deckedance, a bimini, etc and you're likely over $90K....right where everyone else is.

• Baller
Makes me feel really good to see 196s pricing these days. Bought an 09 w 500 hrs, like new condition for many $$$S less 2 years ago. Based on all the other 196s I see on SIA w Zero Off(which is not many) I'm sure I could sell mine for at least what I paid if not more.

• Baller
@CR1 By all accounts the new MC checks the last box for a lot of fence sitting Nautique owners - tracking. On top of that existing MC owners will be motivated to update which means you can expect to see a bit of churn happening pretty soon. You can already have a used 200 in the 30's so why on earth would you opt for a 196? A new 70k ish 6.0 that tracks is borderline disruptive, especially so if your north of 100k with your main feature / benefit matched by the other guys.

• Baller
About boat prices, specific to this thread....I've got a nice '08 196 with just under 600 hours. After this thread and another about an '08 196 has caused me to think. What would I price my boat at? I don't know, but even at 40K what would I replace it with for that 40K? I'm keeping what I've got. And @disland , I bought mine in April 2008 from a mfg rep with 25 hours. I know what they cost new, and it was a LOT more than 30K, and I think I got a fair deal on it.