Fixing BOA in HRT

Kwoody51

• Baller

My BOA cable broke/ came loose. I tried to stuff it back in the guide and run the tensioner but it only tightens on the side still inserted.

Can it be fixed?!

Couldn’t figure out why my back foot kept feeling like it was about to come out!

@brooks

95pzf7lsnpou.jpeg

• Baller

You need a small torx bit to remove the reel - then the cable needs to be replaced - you may be able to trim a bit to shorten it - or you may need new cable.

Radar should be able to help you can technically use other string but you don't want it to eat the housing.

• Baller

Locally to me Orvis fishing has the most parts available online https://www.orvis.com/p/boa-m2-replacement-lace-kits/18AS?item_code=18AS1010&adv=127748&cm_mmc=plas-_-FlyFishing-_-18AS-_-127748&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9b_4BRCMARIsADMUIyqbjlbP7OuDrsPb4aZPydb_7q7lX9votrxMuCmHJ3UcE-qICNHVwDIaAiY-EALw_wcB

Otherwise go to boatfit.com and they have a support finder that will ship you parts

• Baller

Figured some ballers knew how to do this!

On vacation and was just hitting a sunset ski on some glass when this happened. Will see what tools I have with and if I can pull the BOA apart and fix tomorrow.

I skied it as is as the water was just too good! Made me focus on my form a little more :)

@WoodySkier and @BraceMaker

Thanks for those links! The BOA warranty site is awesome, few clicks and have parts headed my way.

• Baller

No T6 driver with me... so seems I’ll have to make due on last day of vacation.

Kids all want to ski and tube so likely won’t make it out anyway... Yes we have to have a tube for the kids :wink:

Thanks everyone for your help!