Are There Any 34 MPH Skiers Riding the 9970cc?

skibug

Skied the RevoCC for about six weeks. Love it. Just had to try the 9970CC and 4 passes later it went back into the box.

RevoCC has less drag, is less work, finishes the turn better, is quicker side to side, and gets me around more buoys. I ski 34mph and the 9970CC just felt like it was sinking too much and was stuck in first gear.

Reporting back: Had a great swimming lesson. My deep water starts are amazing. LFF practice average is 4@38. 2019 Pro build 67”. Stock fin.

Can’t run a 35 on the 9970 CC. Still acquiring numbers from my reference folks. First set was 5@35 with maximum effort. Second set with different numbers was worse. Trying new numbers tomorrow. I’ll report back. I’m soooo disappointed.

@MrJones No but I will. I’m gonna try numbers from a good reference person tomorrow. If that doesn’t work then I’ll try the numbers from PB. GOOD IDEA. Just an observation: The fin width on this ski is THICK. The thickest fin I’ve ever seen on a ski.

• Baller
@Buxrus replace the fin with another, if you have one. Normal fins for Goode's should be .095...NOT .100 or .101 like the ones that are going out in some of the new skis. I got one like that too. I could barely get it out of the ski it was jammed in there so tight. This is obviously a manufacturing error and not an intentional design change. It will have an impact on how set up feels.

Fin was not going to help with this ski. 7 sets. More than 15 attempts at 35, ran 2 and this was with max effort and me skiing the ski. No room to even try 38. Avg buoy count for 7 sets was about 2-3 at 35. A full pass down. My personal opinion about this particular ski......68.5 is way to big for me. However this is what was recommended by 2 very knowledgeable folks who ski with Goode.

So tried my vapor Probuild last evening. Ran up the rope, back to back 35’s. Disappointing adventure but happy the radar isn’t mad at me.

• Baller_

Personally l really like this ski. I spent a long time skiing on and testing other skis. I have come to the conclusion that I am a traditional width skier. For me most skis feel very tip and tail sensitive. This model sits deep in the water and feels more like an all wheel drive vehicle to me. I have run a ventral for years and now have no need for that addition. I do think 2 settings on the ski are sensitive and must be dialed in correctly for optimum performance. One is distance from the tail and the other is length of the fin. I don’t feel like the ski is for every style of skiing. I think if you really climb on the nose of the ski this may not be your cup of tea. I do however think if you like a fairly neutral ride it is a pretty fun ski. A lot of my friends ride it and most love it. It also seems to work very well in a variety of water temps.

I’m not saying I will never try a ski with a wider front end but a solid neutral ride sure has been fun this year. I have friends that run the ski deep and short 2.500/ 6.748/ .700

I also know some who gravitate more to a 2.485/ 6.840/.730 style of fin. Many of the better 36mph. guys run long and shallow 2.449/ 6.920/ .709

Personally I like 2.488/ 6.758/ .709

We all like the ski and it seems to keep up with our differences. Hope this helps.