Discount codes?

mikeskiw

• Baller

@mikeskiw

Impressive, that would have made for an awesome first post here!

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/2265/it-is-time-for-your-yearly-who-are-you-guys-thread

Maybe without the unnecessary side blow in my direction. ;)

Just paint a picture in your head ...

A new guy, that nobody knows, stumbles into a room full of people who know each other for quite a while. Without any further introduction or even saying “hello”, he asks “where can I get stuff cheaper?” How do you think would be the reaction of the group?

Cheers, and welcome here!

David

• Baller

Might be the best time ever on BoS to use this meme.

bye-felicia.jpg

“Bye, Felicia” is a line spoken by Ice Cube’s character, Craig, in the 1995 cult stoner comedy film, Friday. While smoking a joint with his friend Smokey, Craig is approached by Felisha, a local girl who constantly annoys the neighborhood with her attempts to mooch off others.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/bye-felicia/

• Baller
Mike has known John Horton, the owner of this website, since Horton was in diapers. He asks a question, and guess who answers first, with the actual answer Mike is seeking - John Horton. Yet, someone else, who doesn't even know Mike, and quite probably doesn't know Horton, decides to make a shitty comment. That's bad for Horton's business. That's bad for this site. That's bad for water skiing. I don't understand the applause here. If you want to Panda me, or ban me so be it. That was rude, and dumb.

• Baller

@Hallpass I couldn't disagree more...if he wants to ask John a question and knows him that well...then ask him directly. Advertisers offer codes to track their spending...they will continue supporting sites where they see a return. If that starts to get abused by people not supporting the site, codes get pulled and advertising dries up.

His show me YOUR resume comment when called out was flip and unnecessary...as was his exiting comment. It's always a shame to lose someone with a wealth of experience, but not with such a combative attitude in less than 4 posts.

• Baller

@KeithMenard, that's the great thing. You are permitted to disagree, as am I. Factually, Mike asked one question. The owner of the website answered. Then, HE was attacked. How do you expect him to respond? How would you expect anyone to respond? As he stated, there are discount codes on most of the water sports websites. There are, in fact, discounts offered here as well. The discounts are there for a reason. If the retailers don't find benefit, they will stop offering them. If the owner of this website thought the question was out of line, he could have handled it. Instead, he provided contacts for the discount codes. Here, the user knew enough about the stokes product to want to buy it. He knew enough about this site to come here and maybe, find a better price. That's a win for Stokes, for Horton and BOS, and could have been a win for Perf Ski as well. That's exactly why Stokes and Perfski advertise here.