Men 7 slalom waterskis

humphreyt57

• Baller_
I've seen a top Men's 7 skier on Radar. Don't recall the exact model, but he occasionally skis 34 mph and runs deep -39 at 32 mph. Watch the Nationals webcast of that division next week and see what they are running.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
After a couple seasons kind of struggling from dropping to 32 mph a Mens 7 buddy switched from a Monza to a Superlite TX (stepped bottom). He picked up 7 to 8 buoys within a month. He’s now dropped to 30mph Mens 8/9 and stayed on that ski and knocking on -35 off. He’s talking about having KLP make a new LP1 for him next year.

• Baller
@humphreyt57 Hard for me to admit, but I will join the ranks of MEN 7 after Nationals. Since I am not skiing Nationals, have been trying 32 mph. I was on a Mapple T-3, but broke it recently. Currently on a Syndicate Pro (67) and when I first tried 32 mph, found I was losing too much speed going into the turns. Thought a change of ski might help, but began thinking about ZO settings. On my 196 REV S single puck, I ran C2+ and C2 on all the new boats @ 34 mph. I switched to B2+ @ 32 mph and because the boat picks you up a little later and releases you a little later, able to maintain speed better. Speed and space seem so different at 32 mph, I think ZO setting is as important as the ski. Ran 5 @ 39 at Swiss the other day on B2 behind the 6.2 Nautique. Pretty sure it would not have happened on C2. Good luck.