Radar Pulse boots

slvrbulit

• Baller

They're intuition so you can use the factory instructions https://intuitionliners.com/home-fitting/

I use the FM technique - which is basically preheat the oven to 250 and then turn the oven off, take a double layered cookie sheet (cold) and put the liner (dry) into the oven and start watching the liner as it will start looking floppy.

You prep your foot by basically wearing a double layer of socks and add a plastic bag to make it easier to stick your foot into the boot. I have a bunion so I take a thin sock and then use medical tape and a cotton ball to form a bump on my foot to get relief in the shell then a second sock over. Then once the liner is warm and starting to look floppy you pop it out and put it in the shell then you slip your foot into the shell.

You can play games with it, so if you feel like a shell is too tight you can order a smaller liner and stretch it while warm, or you can wear extra socks to force the liner to compress. Similarly if you tighten the buckles overly tight when the liner is hot you'll pack it down and then when you loosen the buckle a notch the shell will be looser. If its too loose then you want to wear thin socks and you want to barely secure the buckles when you form it so there is more volume in the liner.

FM has a full description of the method on their manuals page

• Baller
Good topic. Just yesterday I remolded my Radar Intuition liners. I used our oven, heated to 250F and waited 3-4 minutes. My process: I took a metal baking tray with a Silpat (silicone baking sheet) in the bottom of it. Laid my liners out in an orderly fashion (Tetris fashion) on the Silpat and put it on the top shelf of the oven. Since I wanted a tighter fit on my liners I did not put a sock on my feet and put it in the boot. I went and skied right away and noticed the better fit in the boot/liner. Good luck.

• Baller

I did a pair using the Intuition instructions. Worked fine. But, I liked the liners better, somewhat, before heat molding. Last pair, no heat molding. This was with the Vapor Carbitex.

If you haven't already, you may just want to put in a few sets first. If you decide to use heat, +1 for what @ColeGiacopuzzi said.

• Baller

Question for those using Pulse boots. I find that the chassis, where the T-nuts for mounting are molded into the footbed, that the raised edges of the mold, rectangular in shape really dig into my feet. The foam on the liners has compressed there and the edge transfers right through the liner and begins to hurt my feet. It almost seems that some sort of footbed should have been inserted between the chassis and the liner.

Anyone else have this issue? Are mine perhaps missing a footbed? I'm going to try to fit one in there and see if it helps.