Private lake for sale

Mattmatt

• Baller

I forgot which one eleeski said - the thread is on here somewhere I think the whole story of the sultan sea is interesting and I hadn't heard it till after he told me the story. I think it was one of the ones in the arrows. Found the thread below - the ones on the right with water were the ones he was/is selling and the other arrow to the left desert ski oasis.

2zufu0gkou0q.png

• Baller
@Horton that's an interesting documentary. Thanks for sharing it. I drove down the eastern side of the Salton Sea a few times when I lived in Ojai to see my brother who was stationed at the Marine airbase in Yuma. I found it fascinating and strange. It smelled and I remember just keeping the gas pedal on the floor while imagining the 1960s recreation around there. It was all ruins and mobile homes and desert with this big flat body of water framed by mountains. Depressing but kinda pretty from the right angles. Weird area for sure.

• Baller

@Horton It might be California's worst ecological disaster, but America's worst ecological disaster would be the Dust Bowl in the '30's. Ken Burns put together a magnificent documentary on its history. I never understood how it could be man made until watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYOmjQO_UMw&list=PLzkQfVIJun2Kl_ZEVTYA-qXlloRYQP3kv