Radar Senate Pro vs High end ski's

jenksski

• Baller
I think the logic is that the Senate Pro is essentially the same as Radar's top-end ski (the Vapor Pro) but made a little wider for those of us not skiing at 36mph. Having never tried one myself I can't really say how it feels, but of the 34mph skiers I know that have tried both the Vapor and the Senate, two of them preferred the Vapor, one is pretty undecided and switches backand forth every once and a while, and one very much prefers the Senate. All of them ski at 34mph and spend most of their time in the 22off to 32off range. I suppose whether you like it better or not depends on how it meshes with your style, but I wouldn't be knowledgeable enough to know what particular attributes will suit one over the other.

• Baller
@jenksski The Senate pro is a high end ski, we use the same materials and shape as we do in our Vapor Pro build, but 2 tenths of an inch wider. Like @Kroeks said the idea is its built for 30-34mph skiers. It gives a bit more of a wider base to stand on with more stability, but without sacrificing the attributes of a high end ski we have come to love. Hope this helps!

• Baller
FedEx left a ‘21 Senate Pro at my door yesterday morning. I’ve had two sets on it. Tomorrow riding it with a Whisper Fin. I’ve liked every ski better that I’ve tried with the Whisper Fin. That’s not to say that I didn’t like it with stock fin. I’ve just moved into Mens 7, so exploring various options to transition down to 32 mph. I do like the support from the extra width.

• Baller
By casual observation I haven't seen any high-level 34mph skier, man or woman, that rides a Senate of any build as their main ski over choosing a Vapor or other more traditional width ski. And Radar has a pretty good foothold in the midwest so I see a LOT of Senates around. Very popular sub-34mph ski or folks just cutting the line. People love it. I know I didn't see every podium shot from Nationals and Regionals but I don't recall seeing a Senate on any 34mph podiums. Could have missed one Again just observations, no judgement on the ski.

• Baller
Bought a 2019 Senate to transition to old man speed. Went from 2016 Vapor to KD Platinum to this Senate Pro. Skiing the same totals as before at 34mph with a whole lot less effort. Ski just turns hard and goes. Person I bought it from thought it was the ski that would take him all the way through -41@ 34.

• Baller

Particularly for people like myself who start the season slower the Senate is great would be between a 67 or 68 vapor and the 67 senate is a great size.

On the cost I see no reason a vapor pro should cost more than a Senate pro. I remain impressed the syndicate omni is less than an omega but it isn't USA made like a Senate pro

• Baller_

I rode mine today at 34 mph. It was easier to pick up off the turn then a vapor. 67 inch does not feel any bigger to me then the 67 vapor I was riding. Very predictable and even my off side turn might be better then the on side.

Those in the market for a high end ski owe it to them selves to give one a ride.

• Baller

Is the 2020 or 2021 Senate Pro much different that the 2018 or 2019 model? I've been on (I think:2019, 67 in.) and it skis really good if I stay right over the binders. If I get on the front just a little, it doesn't like it. If I get on the back, it doesn't like it. I'm an experienced skier( over 20 nationals)

and have moved binders, fin, etc, but I need a ski that lets me get on the front. I skied Goodes for over 20 years and the 9500 was the best ever. I don't like the newer goode skis at 32mph and now 30 mph this coming year. In my hay day I could run 38 off, now 75, couple hip replacements have slowed me down. Just getting back into it, running 22, 28, working on my 32's at 32mph. I will not go to 30mph until I'm running my 32's at 32. Mouth full!