Sunstream Automatic Cover

Bdecker

• Baller

I found a few articles from 2019 when the product was announced. They all had the same price, $6800 starting price. Sounds like they have a “universal” cover standard and for an extra $2k you can have a custom fitted cover made for your boat.

When I looked at a Touchless cover a few years ago this seems to be in the same price range.

• Baller

@Bdecker Why do you say “need another solution”. Is it just worn out or can you no longer have a canopy?

Assuming a permanent structure is not an option,

I think a canopy and boat cover is ultimate, although it’s work to cover boat. Easier would be canopy w side screens. You can get zippers sewn into canopy cover to zip on the side screens Separately so it doesn’t weigh 1,000 lbs to put on/off.

• Baller
+1 on Touchless covers, you should really look at them if there isn't an issue with it working on your dock. Mine is eight years old and still working perfectly, zero issues. It also doesn't trap moisture in the boat as the entire vertical perimeter at the top has a mesh that the flap covers. They are all custom made to your measurements and I suggest having them come down to within 1/2 inch of touching the dock. I have seen some that have a large gap from the bottom to the dock and heard owners who complain that it allows birds to land on the dock then fly into the boat and also cats, raccoons, etc can get in. Mine almost touches the dock and I have never had this problem.

• Baller

+2 on Touchless Covers...It is it's own little boat house. Everyone with a Tournament Boat has one on my Lake. Love the fact that the boat gets to breathe. Mine has a large fan with a timer at the top so it circulates air and helps dry out the boat. Sure makes life better.

• Baller

My touchless cover is now 14 years old and has not had any quality problems. Being used up/down) almost every day, year round in FL.

I had to replace the motor after 4 years due to a lightning strike on the dock (also blew a hole in the roof).

And had to replace the canvas 4 years ago after it ripped during a hurricane.

Keeps the rain and UV out.

I do have to spray regularly for spiders, they seem to love it as well.