Clincher gloves for training

ballsohard

• Baller
I have been using them for years and like them a lot. I use them primarily to protect my hands from blisters but I don’t have any issues with them and have never gotten stuck on the handle. I have skied them with the dowel in and out without noticing a big difference.

• Baller_
Highly recommended. Handle diameter can matter related to hand size. Takes a while to get used to for some. Will never go back. Can’t see how someone can switch back and forth. ? Now that would feel weird. +1 for Radars version. Extremely comfortable

• Baller
I switched to dual palm down starts and a radius handle and this is the first year in the last 7 or 8 I don't have elbow issues. Blistering I solve with tape. The thing that freaks me out about Clinchers is what I AM able to hold onto with them. Tossing the handle=self preservation

• Baller

I've used Clinchers and Masterline with the dowel strap for years without problems. But recently changed to regular gloves because I did feel they got slightly 'stuck' to the handle sometimes when letting go with one hand in the turn.

Two weeks ago I had a fall in a turn where it threw me out front and twisted me (landed on my back). When I hit the water I felt this sharp pain in my arm and then the arm when numb, could not move it. I reckon my hand did not let go of the handle in time and jerked my arm back. The arm is back in use, but no skiing yet and I worry that this could have been worse with the Clincher type glove...

• Baller

I don't recommend them unless they keep you skiing when you couldn't otherwise. The Strap CAN definitely get stuck on the handle if you don't release your fingers, which is sometimes very tough in a lean lock situation out of the buoy. I've had it happen a few times, but without serious injury. Funny enough it was my shoulders I was trying to protect by using them but could have made my injury worse.

I think its better if you can feel the handle in your finger tips and learn to not over grip the bar.

I have used the old and new inside/out version of the Vice gloves. They are nice gloves but now that I have good grip strength, much prefer a regular glove.

• Baller

They work great. Pop out the dowel at the end of the fingers makes no difference in perfomance and you won't get stuck on the handle. Rough up the strap with fine grit sandpaper before first use, otherwise they are actually slippery on the handle the first time out.

They are super durable, and really reduce blisters/callouses dramatically.

• Baller

I use clinchers since 7 years.

Not for the extra grip but for less blisters.

Hold my handle with closed hands

Have never had any problems to release the handle until last week ...

Made pb, first 32@22off and then 4 at 25 off.

Sooo happy.

Next run I got a really hard pull to 5, LLF.

Got a strong acceleration, high force in my arms and felt high speed beeing really early.

At 2 wake I got stuck in my pull and burried the ski in full lean.

Total crash. Still holdingbolag on to the handle.

Left Upper arm broke. Nervs briketter. Arm hanging limp. Left arme lost most muskler. Neck injuries. 12 weeks with head stabilize thing.

I do not knew if this was caused by my strong grip or clinchers? Maybe it was a roller?

Anyhow, MY ADVICE.

!! NEVER USE CLINCHER WITH DOVELS!!!!