November Roll Call - Who is skiing?

Horton

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I took my last ride for the year yesterday. The weather looks like it is about to turn for the worse here in Sacramento. I usually start back up in March (just a couple of rides due to a snow skiing focus) and start getting serious about it in April. I could buy a wetsuit to shorten the off season, but I feel like my body (mostly my elbows) benefits from 3-4 months not skiing and doing other workouts instead.

• Baller
I skied two sets this evening and had some of my best passes of the season. But the 20-degree temperature drop coming up in a couple days here in the Sacramento area is going to end it for me. Water temps in the 50s sucks the fun out of it for me, so the boat is going home with me on Sunday.

• Baller

I plan to ski Saturday and Sunday in northern North Carolina/southern Virginia. Water temps have been in the upper 60s. Air temps should be around 70-73 all weekend. We are not giving up yet. Skied some of my better passes last weekend! Getting set up for a strong 2021!

• Baller

Had the lift and dock out of the water, boat was drained and in the garage for the last 2 weeks when we had 8" of snow and highs in the 20s. Warmed up on Monday so rolled in a little dock and put the boat back in. @MNshortliner and I have skied every day this week and will go through Saturday before our winter returns again. If the water was warmer that 40 we wouldn't even need a wetsuit @Cnewbert ;)

nddnb7mpthiq.jpg

• Baller_
@UWSkier, where is your site located? And, just as a general question for lakes in somewhat desert-looking climates: how deep is the water? It must be difficult/expensive to keep it filled to some significant depth (like 6-8 feet).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@Horton I live 1/2 Mile away from the Puddingstone launch in San Dimas. I have aspirations to get a slalom course put in there someday. Was once famous for drag boat racing events. Puddingstone is about the size 3 large tournament lakes running in parallel. Counter Clockwise direction boating/skiing. With 3 boats running the water is shot; but half the time, off peak summer I am the only boat at speed on the entire lake. This is ironic being in Los Angles County with 10 Million People within 30minutes of the lake. I think there were more boats / skiers in the small rural Nor Cal town I grew up in than entire Los Angeles Basin. FYI the 2028 Olympic XCountry MTB will be taking place around Puddingstone/Bonelli Park. I will be the guy skiing in the middle make slalom a passive aggressive Olympic Sport, lol.